-Ride is NO-DROP.
-Post-ride chow and guzzle if there is interest at Los Tres Magueyes, Amante Gourmet Pizza located in the shopping center or one of the new restaurants at Parkside Town Commons (http://kiterealty.com/portfolio/parkside-town-commons/) shopping center (NC 55/O’Kelly Chapel Rd).
Park in the last two rows of spaces in the main part of the lot between the Wells Fargo Bank and Harris Teeter (close to the bank and Green Level Church Road, but away from the busy grocery store).
Option 1: 20, 33 or 38-mile route options.
Option 2: 20, 33, 42 or 47 mile route options
Any of these routes may be easily modified to cut of segments for a shorter ride for anyone interested.
There are no designated leaders for the other routes. Riders will alternate rotating off the front as they feel comfortable.
Groups ride together for most of the route. 20 mile route rides to first rest stop then u-turns. 42 mile route is a short cut on 47 mile cue sheet.
We will form subgroups based on riding paces.
Cue sheets (http://www.meetup.com/Slow-Spokes-Road-Cycling/files/): See Files in "More" section of this site. Print "Cary Park Shopping Center to Old US 1" or "Cary Park Town Center" Cue Sheets.
If you want a cue sheet for this ride, please print a copy.
D (10-12 mph) and C (13-15 mph) pace, NO DROP.
Signed Liability Waiver Required: Please print, sign, date, and bring with you a Liability Waiver. You may find the Liability Waiver in the "More" section of this site. Everyone must provide a signed waiver unless you have not already provided one for 2014. Slow Spokes is a subculture of the North Carolina Bicycle Club (http://www.ncbikeclub.net) (NCBC). NCBC’s insurance requires one waiver on file each year for all riders.
Contact Person: Zm. You may contact me through this site if you have any questions.
• Please arrive in time to prepare your bike to leave promptly at the ride start time listed.
• Helmets are required.
• New riders should read Bicycling Hand Signals, Group Riding Tips, Equipment, Nutrition, and Hydration in the "More section.
• All riders should carry proper equipment in case they have a flat (spare tube, pump or CO2 cartridge).
• This ride includes some roads with hills and traffic. We maintain safe riding practices, but these are open road rides and might not be suitable for those who have a fear of riding on the road.
• Everyone is welcome to join Slow Spokes rides if you want to ride in a group.
• Riders should be careful not to overcommit their legs so they can maintain the pace of their group. :)
• Ride is no drop, but riders should choose a group that they can comfortably maintain the pace of the group. No one should be riding alone between various riding groups.
• If you choose this ride, you agree to ride in a group, keep your group together or ride in a slower group if you are unable to maintain the pace of a faster group.
• If you want to do a Slow Spokes group ride, shoot ahead and do your own thing, you would be better suited riding with another group.
• It is strongly recommended that you carry your driver's license, health insurance card (or copies), a note containing emergency contact information or Road I.D. (http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx?utm_source=Bing_Ads&utm_medium=Text&utm_campaign=Road_ID&referrer=8942) in case of an emergency.
• You may also want to program your cell phone with an emergency contact number under the name "ICE" In Case of Emergency.
• The note containing emergency contact information mentioned above may be used if your cell phone becomes inoperable following a crash.