addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Slow and Steady Hikers Message Board › The Suggestions and Opinions Page

The Suggestions and Opinions Page

Andy D.
ThePiedPiper
Group Organizer
Calgary, AB
Post #: 32
The Suggestions and Opinions Page This is where we will post suggestions and opinions from now on. They will be monitored regularly and given a fair review by the leadership committee. If a suggestion is really great and fair to all it will be presented to the members. Everyone is able to see this page anyway.
I don't want to see long unnecessary comment threads posted on hike listings anymore. Gotta a suggestion, opinion, beef or praise. Post it here from now on . Thank You.
Tejinder Paul s.
user 17839701
Calgary, AB
Post #: 4
My suggestion that Sunday hikes should start not before 9AM
Teji
Linda
user 53100532
Calgary, AB
Post #: 7
Hi Teji, I'm sure most people would like to sleep in on weekends. However, by starting early, we finish early enough to leave people free for Sunday evenings, to prepare for work the next day, have Sunday dinner with family, etc. And some hikes require traveling quite some distance to the trailhead, so we don't want to waste daylight hours on travel time, especially at this time of year when hours of daylight are so limited. You can always choose shorter hikes that start later for your Sunday adventures. In the summer, I'm sure we'll see more hikes with later start times.
Andy D.
ThePiedPiper
Group Organizer
Calgary, AB
Post #: 33
Teji, if I'm hiking on Sundays (Dayhikes) i usually stay closer to town and do have later start times ( 8:30 or 9 AM ).
I save the big dayhikes for Saturdays, unless we're backpacking off course.
Jessica C.
user 3408305
Calgary, AB
Post #: 4
Please see my discussion regarding last minute cancellations.
A former member
Post #: 33
I am interested in more scramble opportunities :)
A former member
Post #: 34
Beef with the Meetup screen layout c. Feb2013:

1) why show the Member Introduction/Bio blurb under every member's photo on the RSVP column on right? We know who they are. We just need to know if they are drivers or passengers! (see #2) Verdict: REPETETIVELY LAME.

2) why are the RSVP Comments now magically showing up as if they are regular comments? This makes it difficult to keep track of, say, who's driving, who's passenger, etc. Verdict: CONFUSING.

3) why are comments now "threaded"? The concept is good but in practice, people instinctively can pick out the threads on a linear comment board (it's not rocket science). Having to click on the "See all 3 replies" for all comment boards is just too much work. Verdict: LACKS CLARITY.

3a) the threaded comments are a disaster on the Android App where the screen has way less space than a computer screen, thus resulting in many additional swipes to "See all 3 replies", and for some inexplicable reason, the App further wastes screen space by padding each comment with preceding and trailing blank spaces. Verdict: BAD IDEA.

There. I've said it. Every time I check this site it continues to surprise me with more so-called "improvements" similar to the above. AAARRRGGGGGHHHH.

Thanks Andy for making this Page for people to post beef/praise!
Candice B.
user 26719832
Calgary, AB
Post #: 6
I thought the snow was nicer than the green. The rest I do not know how to change. smile
A former member
Post #: 5
Beef with the Meetup screen layout c. Feb2013:

1) why show the Member Introduction/Bio blurb under every member's photo on the RSVP column on right? We know who they are. We just need to know if they are drivers or passengers! (see #2) Verdict: REPETETIVELY LAME.

2) why are the RSVP Comments now magically showing up as if they are regular comments? This makes it difficult to keep track of, say, who's driving, who's passenger, etc. Verdict: CONFUSING.

3) why are comments now "threaded"? The concept is good but in practice, people instinctively can pick out the threads on a linear comment board (it's not rocket science). Having to click on the "See all 3 replies" for all comment boards is just too much work. Verdict: LACKS CLARITY.

3a) the threaded comments are a disaster on the Android App where the screen has way less space than a computer screen, thus resulting in many additional swipes to "See all 3 replies", and for some inexplicable reason, the App further wastes screen space by padding each comment with preceding and trailing blank spaces. Verdict: BAD IDEA.

There. I've said it. Every time I check this site it continues to surprise me with more so-called "improvements" similar to the above. AAARRRGGGGGHHHH.

Thanks Andy for making this Page for people to post beef/praise!

100% with Morgan on that one, especially #1
Candice B.
user 26719832
Calgary, AB
Post #: 7
How about the new blue? Better? I don't like the other "improvements" either but i don't know if we get a choice on any of that.