|Sent on:||Friday, April 20, 2012 11:14 AM|
Friday, April 20, 2012
To: All SBCC IDEA Cafe Meetup Members
From: John Wren, Founder & CEO cell [masked]
I'm writing you to announce major changes in the Denver IDEA Cafe and to ask your help.
1. First, the group is going to become self-governing rather than having me make all the decisions. Exactly how this will work will be determined by the group at our first Friday monthly business meetings, right after our regular Denver IDEA Cafe meeting. Our first business meeting will be held at 3:45 p.m. on Friday, May 4, at Charlie Brown's, 980 Grant St here in Denver, I hope you'll mark your calendar now and plan on joining us.
2. Second, the group is changing back to how we orginally started. From no on we will encourage repeat attendance during startup rather than being a one-time startup workshop. People who are starting in a new direction with their work, starting a new career, a new project or campaign, or a new business, are invited to attend each week until they become too busy to attend each week. Veterans are encouraged to drop in from time to time to share their new startup experience, which will help newcomers to the group and help the veterans who share to convert their startup experience into real learning. Life is too short for any of us to learn from just our own experience!
3. Third, I'm asking your help right now. Would you take a look now at our reworked Meetup.com site and suggest any changes that might make what we are doing more clear to newcomers? And while you are on the site, please send out a few invitations to join the group to people you know who might benefit from attending. They will thank you, and so will I if you'll let me know what you've done. It's easy to send great invitations, at the top of our Meetup.com site just click "More", then "Promote" and "Invite Friends" then follow the easy directions.Go to http://meetup.com/Denver-IDEA-Cafe
4. If you'd like help starting a new IDEA Cafe Startup Workshop in cooperation with your local chamber of commerce or other group, please contact me. We hope to have 10 or 12 new groups started around the state by the end of the year, that's one reason I'm making the Denver IDEA Cafe self-governing, to free some of my time to allow me to help get these new groups started.
5. Finally, We have a great speaker this afternoon and a couple next week, hope you'll RSVP to let us know you are still interested in. We have a new sponsor, the new Colorado almanac and Colorado business directory PioneerHQ.com (I'm co-founder) take a look at it and then take a free listing for your business. See http://PioneerHQ.com
This life is short, let's get started!