Beach BBQ Party & Bonfire of the Summer:
One to Remember!!!! :-)
Multiple great Meetup Groups will make this
THE Beach Party of the Summer!
The beach party will now start at 12 Noon (2 hours earlier than we used to do it).
If you get to the beach between 12noon-1pm you will not have to deal with parking issues.
If you come between 1pm-4pm the Magnolia St Lot may be full/closed, so you can try entering at Brookhurst St and coming back up to the Magnolia lot. Or there is street parking on Magnolia or Newland St (but it is a hike). Please arrive early to avoid all these issues. If you come after 4pm, the parking lot will likely be open again.
We will begin BBQing at 3pm (2 hours earlier)
***We need help with the following***:
1) For people bringing tables, canopies, BBQ equipment etc, please drop off and set up your stuff at the beach in the morning. That way, everything will be set up by the start time- 12 NOON, and we can keep everything better organized. Even if you cannot stay, please at least drop off your supplies in the morning so that I and others can set everything up. I cannot be shuttling equipment from the street to the beach all day if the parking lot closes.
2) Please come early and help set up in the morning
3) Please help clean up trash throughout the day so that we will not be left cleaning up mounds of trash at 10pm.
4) Please help out with the cooking at the grill
5) For the trash that is there at the end of the night, please help to clean it up starting around 9pm.
6) Please help at the end of the night (starting around 8:30pm) break down equipment and take back to the cars, that way everyone gets out on time.
7) ***When you RSVP for this event please indicate how you can help with the above needs to make this a successful event**
Check out our Beach Party Video!
A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING OUT! :-)
- If you have any games you wanna play please bring them!
- If you have any suggestions to make this event more successful please let me know.
- If you know anywhere else to publicize this event please let me know.
SATURDAY AUGUST 3TH 2013
VOLLEYBALL STARTS @ 1PM.
THE BBQ STARTS APPROX. 3PM.
THE BONFIRE STARTS APPROX 7-10PM
Summer's here and time's right for a fun day at the beach with us enjoying any of the following:
Bathing/Biking/Roller Blading /socializing/and games such as:
volleyball/smash ball/bocce ball/horse shoe toss
The Orange County Drum Circle is joining us!
There may be some drumming during the afternoon
FULL DRUMMING AROUND THE BONFIRE TO START AT DARK!
What to bring:
A BBQ grill, games to play, tables, bottled water, firewood, meat to BBQ (burgers, hot dogs, chicken, fish) Veggies to grill, salad, fruit, side dishes, buns, condiments, utensils/cups/napkins, smores supplies ice and coolers.
This is the HUNTINGTON STATE BEACH and the beach parking entrance is at Magnolia/PCH. After paying, make a quick right (almost a U-turn) drive to near the end of the parking lot. You'll see 6 volleyball courts (in the sand to your left) near the snack shop/restrooms (directly in front of you), lifeguard tower 11 nearby and the powerplant directly to your right across PCH. If you don't see the power plant across PCH you're in the wrong spot. Look for our canopies with the Meetup banner.
Parking is $15 per car all day(please carpool)
VERY IMPORTANT!!!! The beach does not allow alcohol so beware! Offenders that are caught get ticketed.
See you there!!!!!!!
Go to Attendee List