addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

OC, LA and IE Photo Explorers! Message Board › Treasure Hunt & Photo Shoot (I need 3 partners) on Sept 10 @11am, Orang

Treasure Hunt & Photo Shoot (I need 3 partners) on Sept 10 @11am, Orange Traffic Circle

Linday
user 14618926
Santa Ana, CA
Post #: 1
Hey, I'm new to this whole experience and found this activity that sounds a lot like the Great American Race (if you ever watched that on TV). I'm not really drawn to the $1,000 cash prize, but the fact that it is an activity at the Traffic Circle in Orange (close to home for me--and a welcome change to every activity I've participated in since I joined Meetup groups a few months back). Not only does it sound like a blast to me, but a chance to meet potential friends that are located more in central OC.

Please go to this site to see if you may be interested. You evidently get clues via text messaging on your phone, and then your team of 4-6 people use what ever form of transportation you want (I volunteer to drive) to locate the indicated place and take pictures at that site of your group. After you do that and get all the pictures taken at each stop you are directed to, then I guess you are given clues to the whereabouts of a hidden idle. The winning group gets to split the cash prize. I can read a Thomas Guide, and I kind of generally know the area, and I have a camera, and a cell phone with GPS that constantly freezes. I admit I probably would not be the most estute player--as I'm not especially technologically smart (text messaging setup and GPS could be a challenge)--still it sounds like a blast. I signed up, but can't do it without a team (there is a small fee, that I will be happy to pay--but I have no team. I was hoping I could spark some interest. Evidently this group does this world wide, and this is a one time, one day thing for anywhere near SOCAL. I can't believe they aren't generating more activity, but I thought I'd see if perhaps someone here would be as interested as I am in giving it a try.

http://www.meetup.com...­