It’s time to go camping! Big Bear Lake. Same Group site as last year!
Whats new for 2019?
1) More Flexibility! 3 nights available to you - . So you can camp 1, 2, or 3 nights! Option: If you want to go play on Sunday, and leave later in the day- Yes you can. Leave your camp, and pack up everything for later departure. OR Show up Saturday morning, and then camp 2 nights- that’s good too!
2) No Amplified music. Sorry Ladies. Last year, two different neighbors (camper and residential person complained about our amplified music and singing. Noise spreads in the mountains very easily, so let’s be continue to be respectful of others around us. Quiet time is 10PM (per campground rules)
Please READ ALL the MEETUP, before you click "GOING"
Here's the brief logistics:
Dates: Friday, August 9th (Check in 2pm) –Monday August 12th (Check out: 12 noon)
Fees: $25 per camper (even if single night) (No Refunds)
Style: Car Camping
Location: Buttercup Group Camp
Maximum is 40 people, but I'm going to book 45.
Parking: Limited on site ONLY 8 cars on the site, OVERFLOW will have to park on the road, and you'll have to walk up to camp. (Those campers, unload your gear, then go park your car)
FIRST PAY, FIRST CONFIRMED. Too many people, have said “going” and take a space, then never pay, and then don’t go. This is not a good practice, and unfair to those who are committed to pay.
To Go: Pay then I will confirm your attendance. If the meetup is "full", but you haven't paid, then you'll be moved to the Waitlist.
Paypal, please find me under my phone number[masked]. Do friends/family, not Goods/Services (
(Be kind to inform me if your ‘Meetup name” and “paypal/venmo” name are different, I don’t want to go investing this.
IMPORTANT! Possible Thunderstorms during this time of year, be prepared.
DIRECTONS: READ CAREFULLY, Look at the pictures too.
From San Bernardino, take I-10 east to Running Springs. Turn onto State Highway 18 and continue to Big Bear Lake Dam. Continue about 6 miles on State Highway 18 and turn right on Summit Boulevard. (Its similar going to Pine Knot Campground). Turn/curve left at the end of road and go about a half-mile to the second gate on the right.
1st gate is Pine Knot (PASS this GATE) , 2nd is Buttercup (small sign) (SEE PICS for my arrows)
HERE's The DETAILS
1) Style of camping: Car camping ... meaning you can bring your tent.
Tents: Limit the condo/mansion tents.
2) Campground: What site do I get? anywhere on the group site. First come, first served. (No saving tent space for anyone).
4) Food: You bring your gear and food, or arrange with your camp group. Look at pics, there are plenty of tables. Bring Shade shelter/Pop-up shade to place over the tables.
5) Campfire Pit 1 only (Group Campfire) Bring Firewood!
6) Tips: • Camp Furniture: (Please everyone needs to have their own camp/beach chair for the campsite). pop up Shelters for shade, folding tables for kitchen/stoves.
The group campground offers one large, accessible site that can accommodate up to 40 people and eight vehicles for tent or RV camping. The site is equipped with tables, grills and a campfire circle. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided.
Rules & Acknowledgment: Please read ALL
We are all adults, we can respect each other regardless of the environment we are in. Please limit your alcohol intake to a responsible consumption. As for the recreational use of other substances, weed and so forth, please refrain. In years past, several people were excluded from the common area of the because of the odor.
Disclaimer By attending this MeetUp event you hold harmless of the organizers of SMWSLT and/or Meetup of any liability. Therefore, the organizers of SMWSLT will not be held liable or responsible for any bodily injury, lost or theft of property or personal effects.
* You are responsible for your own safety.