Tuesday is Ollie's Bargain Nite at Camden Yards and Orioles tickets are only $10 each. The game on Aug 20 is against the Rays. If the weather is nice, we'll meet at the ballpark and buy tix together in the upper bleachers where we can enjoy the sunset and evening breeze while watching the game. Hope you can join us!
The weather forecast for the game could not be better. We are in for a treat! Here's some logistical info:
1. We'll meet around 6:15 pm at the memorial at the corner of W. Lee Street and Ravens' Walk (the pedestrian walkway between M&T Bank Stadium and Camden Yard). The memorial is inscribed "Time Will Not Dim the Glory of Their Deeds". The exact location is marked by the letter "B" on this map: https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=39.282,-76.6208&dirflg=w&z=17&t=h
2. At 6:30 sharp, we'll walk up to the ticket window and buy tix as a group. If you're running late, call me on my cell and we'll either wait a few minutes for you, or I'll tell you where our tix are and you can buy one when you get there and meet us up in the stands. (I'll email my cell # to everyone the day of the event.) BRING $10 CASH FOR A TICKET.
3. I like to park on W. Hamburg Street between S. Hanover and S. Charles Streets. Parking on that block is free after 6 pm. There are only about 20 spots there though, so you need to get there right at 6 pm to get one. If I miss out, I can often find parking on Charles Street or Light Street, just north of W. Hamburg St. You then get to the stadium by walking down W. Hamburg St, across the bridge, and then just follow the crowd.
4. If anyone would like to ride up with me from the Laurel/Columbia area, please let me know. It makes no sense to try to park multiple cars :-) I'm going to be leaving as soon after 5 pm as possible--definitely no later than 5:15.
5. You're allowed to bring your own water, soda and snacks into the stadium. Those are often nice to have.
6. A baseball cap is a good idea. It shields your eyes from the overhead field lights and makes it easier to see.
See everyone on Tuesday!