This month's meetup will be focussed on analyzing and leveraging images in social data.
GumGum - Sirous Wadia As VP of Social Strategy, Sirous oversees the revenue growth, market expansion, and team development of GumGum's visual listening tool.
Presentation - We live in the era of the visual web, whereby 2 billion images are shared online every day on social media. It’s a massive evolution of the Web from being primarily a text-based medium to a visual-first medium, and it offers both challenges and opportunities. More than 80% of images posted to social media lack text that can help marketers find them. In this session, Sirous Wadia, vice president of social strategy – GumGum, will explore how marketers use Mantii, a visual listening tool, to acquire user-generated images, connect directly with their influencers, and activate social media advertising campaigns.
Clarifai - Lamar Potts (@LamarInLG (https://twitter.com/LamarInLG)), Senior Director Business Development Lamar is experienced driving growth in technology companies that develop and deliver software platforms and applications. He’s built ecosystems in complex software platform environments that span operating systems for smartphones and cloud-based contextual intelligence platforms for companies like Apple, Palm and several start-ups. He has an EPBA at both Columbia Graduate School of Business in New York, New York and INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France.
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition. Their powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers and enterprise all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Pinterest - Vaishali Parekh
Vaishali currently leads PR and select Partner vertical insights for the Partner Insights team at Pinterest.. Over her two year tenure at Pinterest she has grown and scaled email marketing,lead product marketing strategy around the launch of key product. She now provides insights at Pinterest and scales big data to provide actionable insights for her team. She is excited to talk about turning data into actionable insights.
• Date: Wednesday, April 27th 2016
• Time: 6:30pm doors open, 7:00 - 8:30 presentations, 8:30 - 9:00 wrap up
• Location: Brandwatch Headquarters 445 Bush Street, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108
To get the most out of this meetup - a few recommendations:
1) Get there early - A big part of these events is about the networking. We have some really really smart people that are passionate about this field - and more than excited to meet others.
2) Get to know the Speakers - Because we're in one of the most influential areas of world on the topic of Social Data - we get the best speakers :) We are really fortunate to have the speakers for tonight who are involved in the analysis of how Social Data is used in a Non-Profit.
3) Ask Lots of questions - Whether you're new and just getting started in this area - or a seasoned data scientists - we all learn from the questions.
Thanks for signing up - and we're looking forward to seeing you on the 27th!