What we're about
Welcome to Social Fun. A fun + friendly group. Ages range 21 to 59+. A diverse group of singles, couples, married + divorced members enjoying local social activities: dining, movies, parties, wine tasting, hikes, walks, outdoors, Music, Art, Culture, social networking, etc. Enjoying the good life in the New England and Boston Areas.
With 12,000 members we’re the biggest Boston Social Meetup that still maintains a friendly close knit family feel since there are 90+ Organizers running 60+ local monthly events. Average event size is 20 members providing a pleasant real life experience to make lifelong friendships and possible more (like marriage). Everyone is welcome.
We look forward to meeting you so please sign up for an event today and have fun. It will be one of the best choices you have ever made. Now get out and enjoy some Social Fun.
UPDATE-PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a dating group, although 90% of the members are single that is not the focus of the group. This group is about making friendships that can lead to dating as we've had over 82 members that have gotten married. This is directly attributed to the relaxed, no pressure non dating group setting we've created.
Costs: To join the group and attend most events is basically FREE, BUT we ask if you enjoyed the group, help us keep it going by making a $11 annual donation to help cover the costs associated with running such a large group like paying off the Meetup fees of $180/year.
ALL Members are required to have a recent real clear main profile photo of themselves or they will not be allowed to join this group or removed for lacking this photo. Please reapply to join with a conforming photo. Thanks.
Social Fun Members Credo
1. Participate in Social Fun to have fun and make new friends....Please do not create drama.
2. Members must have a completed profile with a clear, recent photo and profile information.
3. RSVP "YES" only when you’re 100% sure you can attend.
4. Arrive on time and never "No Show." Members who "No Show" take away RSVP slots from other Members and negatively impact Social Fun events.
5. Understand that after 3 'No Shows' over 3 months any Organizer CAN remove you from Social Fun
6. You are the ONLY ones capable of changing your Meetup Announcement e-mail settings. Social Fun Organizers cannot set these.
Social Fun Organizers Credo
7. May disallow members with 2 or more "No Show" marks from attending their events.
8. Post events on a first come, first served basis.
9. May contact Biagio or other Organizers for help.
10. Will never bother or post inappropriate comment on another Organizers event.
DISCLAIMER: During all events, Members are responsible for themselves. The Organizer and Assistant Organizers are not responsible for the safety of the participants. We will try our best to prevent accidents, but are not responsible or liable if something happens to you. By joining the group, you acknowledge this. Thanks