January 21, 2014
in a data science type role
The Society of Data Miners (SocDM, see http://www.socdm.org) is an independent non-profit organisation for the public good with the purposes to:
• Increase the benefits of data mining to society;
• Increase knowledge and awareness of the nature and benefits of data mining;
• Advance the profession of data mining;
• Form a community of and for data miners.
In pursuit of these purposes, the Society of Data Miners will:
• Hold events for data miners to exchange experience, formulate best practice and broaden the scope and benefits of data mining;
• Encourage adoption of the highest ethical standards in data mining;
• Provide public and media information about data mining and its benefits;
• Provide certification of data miners who have reached a recognised level of competence and experience in data mining practice;
• Encourage the creation of a literature of data mining practice;
• Encourage data mining standards;
• Encourage the teaching of data mining practice in educational institutions.
IF YOU JOIN THIS MEETUP GROUP, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR FULL NAME, AS MOST OF THE VENUES WE USE REQUIRE A LIST OF ATTENDEES. THANK YOU.
251 Good Neighbours
1,131 Great Minds
13,012 Digital Professionals
1,138 Tech lovers, happy startups
Or sign up with email
Already a member? Log in.
Meetup members, Log in