Jul 2, 2013 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
This route is about 6.5 miles with an elevation gain of about 400 feet. It's just a hike..no snack stop on this hike!!!!! A delightful morning romp. We are going to do the Spring Creek, circle around lovely Lake Ilsanjo and continue back on Canyon.
http://www.parks.ca.g... (for brochure which if you continue to end has a great map!)
WE WILL HAVE A BIGGEST LOSER DISCUSSION AND CHECK IN AFTER THE HIKE FOR THOSE OF YOU PARTICIPATING! BRING A CHAIR SO WE CAN CIRCLE UP COMFORTABLY AND SEE HOW WE ARE ALL DOING!!
Driving Directions to Trailhead: -
- From Highway 12 East Bound from 101
- At the stoplight continue straight onto Hoen Ave.
- Take a right at the light onto Summerfield Ave.
- Take a left on Parktrail drive (2nd street on left).
- Park about a 1/3 of a mile down the road.
Please read and be familiar with the guidelines of the group as listed below. It’s important before you come on a Wanderer hike that you agree and are prepared with the following.
- We combine enjoyment of the trail with respect for everyone’s time. A steady pace and we just keep going! If you are in the lead you will end up waiting at trail junctions. If you are in the back you will be asked to do your best to keep up with the group and at waiting points the group may move on as soon as you are within sight. Our pace averages 2.5mph. We do get separated from time to time as everyone walks their own pace but please bear in mind that you will need to be able to stay within a reasonable distance from the group. Make sure this is something you are prepared for and would enjoy
- Please always check your email the night before just in case there are any necessary adjustments to the hike details. Cancellations or any adjustments will be posted by 10pm the previous evening.
- TO BRING: YOU! glorious hiker person you – dying to hit the trails and laugh, talk, sweat and enjoy in a group of like minded Wanderers… Oh yeah, and you should always bring your hiking safety essentials, layered clothing, water and food appropriate to the outing as mentioned below.
- RSVP etiquette must be followed. Only RSVP when you can commit to attend. Once you have RSVP'd if you have an emergency that means you have to cancel please change your RSVP by 5pm the prior day. This will avoid a "no-show" reflecting on your participation history. Over 3 "no-shows" might mean we have to excuse you from the group. We try very hard to respect each other in this group.
- Give yourself time to find the trail head so that you arrive prior to the scheduled time. That is the time we head out on the trail. It would be disappointing to miss having you on the hike due to late arrival. You will be left behind if you are not ready to head out at the hike start time.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes with good rugged soles that are well broken in.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Facilities: about half way in
- Dogs?: none allowed
- No snack stop due to the short length. If you think you will need fuel bring something in your pocket to snack on as you walk along.
- Bring your smile and great attitude! We are ALL about trail enjoyment while respecting everyone’s time!
See you on the trail!