We will travel on a roller coaster route on Big Rock Ridge Fireroad until it reaches the main ridge at 3 miles and 1,400' elevation. To get to the main summit towers (1,887') we will continue to the right and head northwest on the Big Rock Ridge Fireroad over 2 main highpoints another 2 1/4 miles. We will have great views but will be very exposed. Be prepared!
The full route to the summit towers is approximately 11 miles with about 3,000' gain round trip.
Car pool locations:
SANTA ROSA: Coddingtown Mall parking lot in front of the Coddingtown library to leave by 8:30
PETALUMA: Lucky at the intersection of Lakeville and Caulfield Ln. Park closest to Payran St. suggested leave by 8:50
• Please always check your email the night before just in case there are any necessary adjustments to the hike details. Cancellations or any adjustments will be posted by 10pm the previous evening.
• Give yourself time to find the trail head so that you arrive prior to the scheduled time. That is the time we head out on the trail. It would be disappointing to miss having you on the hike due to late arrival. You will be left behind if you are not ready to head out at the hike start time.
• Duration: 4-5 hours
• Facilities: none
• Dogs?: none
• Bring plenty of water. You will need a minimum of 2 liters. Do not come with less
• Dress in layers. The hike starts off cool but rapidly warms up.
• Bring a snack.
• Bring your smile and great attitude! We are ALL about trail enjoyment while respecting everyone’s time!
See you on the trail!
From Hwy. 101 between the Marinwood and Ignacio exits take the Alameda Del Prado/Nave Dr. exit over to the west side just south of Burger King. Park along the street of Clay Ct.. The route starts on the hillside going up to the west.