Our hike will start on the Lawndale trail, mosey onto Marsh to take a right onto South Burma Trail...looping around Lake Ilsanjo where we will stop for lunch! After lunch we will head back to the Marsh trail to catch the delightful Ridge Trail until we connect back with Marsh to wander back to Lawndale and down to the parking lot. Native bunchgrasses thrive beneath oaks, manzanita, and California bay! Annadel is just a delight for hiking! It will be a nice hike...long but with gentle hills on shady wooded trails. It will be a WORKOUT!
A copy of the Annadel park brochure with a complete trail map is available at:
From Hwy 101 and Hwy 12 in Santa Rosa, drive 1.54 miles west on Hwy 12 to Farmers Lane. Turn left and drive one mile to 4th street, following the Hwy 12 signs. Turn right and continue 8.4 miles to Lawndale Road. Turn right and go 1.1 mile to the trailhead parking lot on the right.
- We combine enjoyment of the trail with respect for everyone’s time. We keep steady a steady pace and we just keep going!
- Please always check your email the night before just in case there are any necessary adjustments. This is especially important if there are any weather issues. Cancellations due to weather will be posted by 10pm the previous evening. We often do hike in light rain.
- Give yourself time to find the trail head so that you arrive prior to the scheduled time. That is the time we head out on the trail. It would be disappointing to miss having you on the hike due to late arrival.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes with good rugged soles that are well broken in.
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Facilities: none at the trailhead but one at Lake Ilsanjo
- Dogs?: None allowed
- Bring plenty of water. This is a 3 liter hike.
- Dress for the weather.
- Bring a lunch.
- Bring your smile and great attitude! If you are fast hiker you will be waiting for those of us that huff and puff our way up the trail. If you are a slow hiker you will find that as soon as you are in close visual sight of the waiting group we will be moving on. Out of respect for the group, those in the back are asked to focus their efforts on keeping up with the group. Please make sure this is something that you will enjoy! We are ALL about trail enjoyment!
See you on the trail!