I hosted a meetup here last year and the location is amazing!
Always happy to carpool from 95131. Just leave a note in the comments or DM me.
I'll be grabbing lunch at http://www.beachhousepg.com/ after we paint and of course you're welcome to join us.
What to bring:
• Art Supplies - Bring all of your own art supplies for whatever medium you are using e.g. paints, surfaces, brushes, and cleaning supplies. For any beginners who don't know how to start or have questions feel free to post in the comments section or DM me through meetup.com's message service.
• Easels - If you're painting please bring your easel. I do have an extra French Easel, a Gorilla Painter Pochade Box and Tripod that I'm happy to lend for the day. Just let me know in the comments and I'll throw it into the car.
• Outdoor wear - We will be outdoors for most of 3 hours so bring layers, hats, sunscreen.
• Snacks/food - Most of the locations we paint at don't have food/drinks so bring whatever food/drinks you require.
• Most of the places we paint at have picnic tables or benches, but if you need to sit when you art, be sure to bring something to sit on just in case.
• A good test to ensure you have everything you need is to set up to paint in your own yard for 2-3 hours. If you bring everything it takes to create art in your yard then you'll have everything you need to paint with us :)
• We usually paint in public places. People outside of the group will generally come up and see what you're doing. Usually they just compliment and walk by and sometimes they'll stop and chat a bit. For me this took a little getting used to, but I really enjoy it now and it's become one my favorite things about painting outdoors. Please don't scare anyone away :)
• Observe all signs. Especially the "keep off" ones.
• Stay on paths, but do not block them.
• Empty any painting fluids off-site including dirty water color water.
• Take your garbage with you.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.