Wooburn Common Rd
High Wycombe, HP10 0JS Buckingha
As money can be a tight in January after all the Christmas and New Year celebrations heading to a very reason priced pub for the first monthly pub grub of 2017.
The Royal Standard is situated in Wooburn Common near High Wycombe and if ya looking for traditional ales and good home cooked pub food, they you won't go far wrong!!! - http://www.theroyalstandard.biz/ (please note the venue is located on a country road with little to no street lighting and just a hop, skip & a jump from Odds Farm)
Car Parking - this pub has a free fair sized car park along side the pub.
RSVP - if you have RSVP Yes to an event and can no longer attend, remember to update your RSVP to No at the earliest opportunity (also applies if on the 'Wait List'). If unsure you can make an S.B.S. event, then best to 'err on the side of caution' and not RSVP Yes, however contact the event Host nearer the date of the event, to see if a space has become available or if you can be accommodated.
Bill Payment - as this is a 'pay as you go event':
• an overall bill or if possible a bill spilt into 3 groups (or if we can pay at the bar), will be given at the table at the end of the meal & you will need to ensure the exact amount you owe, regards any food or drink you have ordered at the table, is given to the event Host or group rep. along with a £1 tip for service provided by the waiter(s) - tip will not be included if service is far below average.
• if paying by debit or credit card, please reframe from paying by card until it has been confirmed by the Host, the cost of the overall bill has been fully covered.
• the event Host will go round the table at the end of the meal, bill in hand, & ask each attendee what food/drink they had, at the same time calculating how much the individual owes, adding on the £1 tip if applicable.
• having change with you, if paying by cash, is always a good idea.
• an indication of how much you are likely to spend, tends to be in the region of £14-£18 including the tip, however dependant on drink you order & if you go for a starter or dessert or coffee, as well as a main (you may wish to check out The Walnut Tree menu on their web site beforehand, which should give a better indication of how much you are likely to spend, hence allowing you to budget accordingly).
How to find us: in the bar area from 7pm, however if not in the bar then we'll be at the table which is booked for 7.30pm (this will give us time to meet before being seated as well as get a drink from the bar if you wish). Note the table is booked under the name of Mary Sheridan, if you are unable to locate the group in the bar area.
Contacting Event Organiser- on the day before 6pm via phone or text on 07979812953. Plus as a courtesy, if you have RSVP Yes, and at the 11hr are no longer able to attend, just drop me a text in order that the group aren't waiting on your arrival.
Hi I am Geraldine looking to meet new friends and have fun.
Hi Everyone, Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying your company and having some fun.
Hi really liked the events that are organised and look forward to making new friends
Used to live near to Wycombe and have returned to the area. I'd like to meet new friends.
Just looking to broaden my social life,etc,etc,etc