addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Sound Foodies & Fun Club Message Board › Hello, hello, anyone there?

Hello, hello, anyone there?

A former member
Post #: 12
Greetings all, I'm new to the group and I've been looking forward to meeting you all for dinner. Noted this group hasn't gotten together in months, with what appears to be no plans in the future. I've emailed the organizers to determine what's going on (or still not going on) and got no response. I realize the holidays are here and we're all pretty busy preparing and working, but perhaps one out of the 196 members still find time to eat-lol! Your thoughts, anyone; hello, hello...anyone?
A former member
Post #: 40
I think the organizers were looking for someone else to take over, but when no-one stepped up, the group quietly disappeared. Not for lack of interest among the members though, as the last dinner was really large. I've been personally thinking that Xinh's in Shelton might be a great idea.
Jane B.
user 12014127
Olympia, WA
Post #: 5
I am interested in eating out on Saturdays or Sundays, & an occasional Friday. But it was always held during the week, which is hard for me with obligations from work that I usually have to do in the evenings, along with other things at home. I would be open to doing weekend events if it is reinstated.
A former member
Post #: 13
Hi Jane, thanks for your input to my discussion. Like you, most often than not my work schedule prevents me from attending most MeetUps during the week; Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are best for me. Another member commented this MeetUp has no designated Organizers. I was under the impression a MeetUp Group had to have at least one Organizer to remain active on this site; I barely have time to organize my own thoughts, never mind an entire group of thoughts-lol! I'll be leaving this MeetUp group; I noted you and I are also members of another MeetUp Group, so I hope to meet you there!
A former member
Post #: 14
Hi Teresa, thanks for your input to my topic of discussion. I realize now all members are able to see all discussion comments (my secret is out now, I'm technically challenged!!) I noted you too are a member of one of the other MeetUp Groups I'm in, so perhaps we'll meet there!