addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Bay Ramblers Hiking Group Message Board › New Meetup: Mission Peak full moon/mid summer hike

New Meetup: Mission Peak full moon/mid summer hike

David C.
user 11249615
Milpitas, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for South Bay Ramblers Hiking Group!

What: Mission Peak full moon/mid summer hike
When: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:15 PM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

This hike is only about 5.5 miles, but as a 2100 feet elevation gain. It is quite strenuous.

We'll take Peak Meadow and Horse Heaven trails to the top of the mountain, where we'll take a break, get our breath back, and watch the sun set. Soon after, we'll be onto the dirt road which is Valley Trail comfortably before dark, and return by the light of the full moon. The panorama of lights across the bay after dark is not to missed!

It's a good idea to bring a light, though you might not need it, given the full moon.

Please meet promptly at 6:15 to be sure we make it to the top by sunset. Park curfew is not until 10 p.m., so we'll have plenty of time to get back down.

Directions: From I-680, take the Mission Blvd exit east. At the second light, turn right onto Standford Avenue. Parking is at the end of Stanford Avenue. If the parking lot is full, turn around, turn first right onto Weibel Avenue and park there. Note that Mission Blvd intersects I-680 twice, several miles apart. Its the Mission intersection closest to San Jose you need.

From I-880, take Mission Blvd exit. Pass under I-680. At the second light, turn right onto Standford Avenue. Parking is at the end of Stanford Avenue.

Check it out!