201 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA
We continue to have engaging discussions talking about articles we've been reading until we choose a new book to read. If you have any thoughts about an interesting permaculture related article or book let us know!
Also, please support our local bookstores when buying this book. Books, Inc (Mountain View, Palo Alto) can get it in quickly, if it's not already on their shelves. Other good bookstores are The Linden Tree (Los Altos) and Kepler's (Menlo Park). Have one you like? Let me know!
We'll be using the same guidelines as the Transition Cafés:
Transition Café Guidelines:- Whoever shows up are the right people- Whenever it starts is the right time
- Speak when you are moved to speak
- The conversation gets to go where it wants to go
- Pauses in conversation are good, they allow information to sink in, thoughts to happen, and quieter people to have a chance to speak
- Silent listening is fine, you do not need to speak if you do not wish to
- The "Law of Mobility": if you feel like you are neither learning nor contributing, you may use your mobility to find a place in which you are doing so
- Bring friends, if we overpopulate the venue, we'll figure something else out
- If you are able, please buy stuff from the venues. We're trying to support local businesses!
- Anyone can host a Café! All you need is an hour or two, an independent café you like, this list of guidelines, and a starting subject. Bring something to read while you wait for folks to show up (see the first guideline).