addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Southern Arizona Preppers Message Board › Core group?

Core group?

A former member
Post #: 186
1) I have always thought of a "core group" as being a small group of people who you actively work with and support toward a common goal. For instance a group of 10 adults all looking to buy a parcel of land they can live on and prep on together. I think someone called this an intentional community.

2) Another type of group would be a family group- members of an extended family who are all prepping together toward the common goal. This can be a group of 2 or 20 depending on family/peer group size.

3) And then of course, there is the large group like our prepper group where we gather to exchange ideas and learn new information. The members of different groups participate in this information sharing group.

4) Some folks are intentionally single preppers (has nothing to do with partnership status). Maybe you are the only one in your community of peers who has any interest or belief in prepping.

I am just wondering what our large (3) group is composed of.

For instance I (and my small family group) am looking for a #1 to join with maybe. We are already a #2 & #3.

Our primary concern at this time is to gather supplies and information while we continue to search for a safe permanent location outside of the city.

How about the rest of you? KC
A former member
Post #: 262
I already have a group that encompasses all the above. I do know a few people who need and want to move to a safer site, more or less permanently. So I am here to build relationships, learn, teach and maybe help my friends find what they are looking for.
A former member
Post #: 1
Well I'm in the 2 group but looking for 1 and 3 being new to Tucson and not knowing anyone here has been harder to do.
A former member
Post #: 187
Michael, It looks like you are involved in several groups. I bet you will find just what you are looking for eventually. I know meeting folks is hard for some of us...perseverence is key.
Stacy
shadeprepper
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 24
I would have to say 1 and 2 but since we are active here, guess that also makes us a 3 in some fashion. We are however looking to possible add to our "Collective".
Beckie
Momzpink13
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 38
I would have to categorize myself as a reluctant #4. I would love to be a #2, but so far the rest of the family is still sleeping. And I'm thankful for the #3 group!
Beckie