addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Arthur (Art) M.
user 68871892
Methuen, MA
Post #: 14
Hoping to see you at 6:15 p.m. this Friday (9/6/2013). Please print and study Lesson 3 in the files area. We will use the note time values and note names to play a short exercise that I will hand out on Friday. This exercise is 42 measures long, uses only the 8 notes of Lesson 3 file in MeetUp, uses quarter notes, half notes, and whole notes, and....contains 8 excerpts from well-known pieces of music. Well-known is very subjective but it should be fun trying to guess the names of the pieces.

I encourage all beginners and anyone wanting to learn to read standard music notation to attend and please do not worry if you don't get time to review or don't understand something. We will discuss and clarify as we go along. We will repeat...many times.

“Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.”
Mary Ellen H.
user 104744832
Kingston, NH
Post #: 3
I will be there. Thank you for taking the time to do this for everyone.