addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Southern Sierra Hiking Club Message Board › Mt. Whitney Trail Conditions

Mt. Whitney Trail Conditions

A former member
Post #: 20
Has anyone bagged Mt. Whitney with-in the last couple weeks. I am curious to hear what the trail conditions are like. Does anyone have any input?
Walter R.
user 38135902
Ridgecrest, CA
Post #: 5
Last Saturday (April 20) I went up Mt. Whitney with three fellow coworkers as a day hike. We went up the mountaineers (North Fork of Lone Pine Creek) and we came down the main trail. We took and needed ice axes and crampons. Snow level was about 10,300' or so. There was no snow in the gully above the notch. Still some snow on the main trail traversing over to Trail Crest and the switchbacks are still snowed in. Snow conditions were surprisingly good. Even though it was 5:00 in the afternoon we didn't post hole very much. Just occasionally. I took a few pictures and posted them on my Flickr account. http://www.flickr.com...­