addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Southern Sierra Hiking Club Message Board › Havasupai Trip

Havasupai Trip

kris
user 8703842
Tracy, CA
Hi Everyone
I can't believe that the trip is almost here.  It is going to be incredible.  Everyone is welcome to spend the night at my house next Wednesday night.  The women can sleep in the trundle beds and on the blow up air mattress in the second bedroom.  The men can sleep on the couch and their sleeping pads in the living room.  It would be best if you bring a sleeping bag or some blankets because I don't think I have enough for everyone.  We will be up early on Thursday - probably leaving around 5 am.  We will stop in Peach Springs for a restroom break but there is also an outhouse at the trailhead.   We will hopefully be at the lodge around 10 or 11 to check in and then head down to the waterfalls.
Plan on a wide variety of temperatures.  The low at the trailhead is likely to be in the thirties.  However, at the bottom we will likely be warm in shorts and short sleeves.
Bring trail food for breakfast, lunch and snacks.  We will eat dinner at the Cafe which closes at 5ish.  The last two years they have had a Thanksgiving dinner special.   There is also a small grocery store in the village.  The next day we will head out early for Kingman.
Back in Kingman we will probably eat with the possibility of checking out the relatively flat trails of Monolith Gardens with some pretty cool rock formations or steeper trails of the Hualapai Mountains with the likely viewing of elk.
Email me or post a message with any questions.
Kris