addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sustainable Survivalist Network - Florida Region 6 Message Board Politics › Congratulations to the president of the progressives (not me), president Obama.

Congratulations to the president of the progressives (not me), president Obama.

Brian
user 53625812
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 144
pass me one of the twinkies and a glass of the good stuff please.

Here ya go...

A former member
Post #: 357
You are the best Brian... Here.. Enjoy this Fox News version of the Tea Party family video in exchange.

A former member
Post #: 160
Aunt Jenny and Billy Roy. Lord Bless 'em.

Careful prep954........ We don't have a lot of branches on our family tree, (or our dna) but we stick together.
Locke
user 9042336
North Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 60
Chris--

You're misinterpreting what I've written, so let me be clear: I get my news from sources other than Fox News and I do not consider them reliable. Also, McCain was not my guy and I am hardly an "establishment" type--you made a number of serious personal accusations that are completely unfounded and unfairly attributed to me without a single shred of evidence. I also take great offense at your accusation that I am somehow a statist just because I disagree with you on a few topics--I think you'll find that we probably agree far more than not in regards to personal liberties, the fed, gold standard, states rights, etc...or it would be extremely unlikely that we would both be here on this site.

As for Ron Paul: what I wrote was that he did a very poor job of explaining his involvement with racist articles published in his name. This is a fact. I never said he was racist and I certainly don't believe him to be, but he has done a poor job at clearing his name. Ron Paul will sadly be forgotten in just a few short years and it is extremely unlikely that he will be recorded in history as some great reformer, since in actuality he didn't really reform anything of consequence. While I believe he should have been granted a count at the convention, he would have been thoroughly unelectable in a general election. As evidenced by the election results and all subsequent polling, the majority of Americans are not looking for reforms and don't care about personal liberties so long as the government gives them free trinkets. One election will not change this, in fact this is a multigenerational mindset that must be overcome and it will take decades. The fact that so many voters, particularly in the Ron Paul crowd, decided to sit this one out guaranteed that the gimme mindset triumphed and was vindicated; that Obama will be able to run roughshod over the constitution and our personal liberties; that Rand Paul will never get a fair shot at the presidency; that reform candidates will be further marginalized within their own ranks as the parties pull hard to the left; and that full on statism at the hands of true Marxists will now be foisted upon us. In effect, they secured the very things they stand against by being too illogically ideological.

PS--I'll see if I can find my old phone, I have a pic of Ron Paul shaking hands and posing for pics with me on the steps of the capital building.
Chris J P.
user 18804141
Group Organizer
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 670
Kevin.......I had no comment on your comment.........that creepy prepper954 Ron Paul Space Cadet chimed in............I was lamenting corn syrup instead of cane sugar in twinkies...............
A former member
Post #: 362
Chris-
I'm with Kevin. It is all your fault that Obama got re elected.

Twinkie rule
Brian
user 53625812
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 146

A former member
Post #: 363
biggrin
Locke
user 9042336
North Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 62
Kevin.......I had no comment on your comment.........that creepy prepper954 Ron Paul Space Cadet chimed in............I was lamenting corn syrup instead of cane sugar in twinkies...............

My apologies, Chris, I'm not sure how I got confused on that.

In any case, you are most definitely right about the twinkies...!
Brian
user 53625812
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 147
BREAKING NEWS: Twinkies which is a brand of Hostess will be no more. The food that was supposed to survive a nuclear holocaust and was a prepper mainstay, has met its demise in the form of the Baker's Union strike. Intransigence in resolving a contract dispute forced Hostess Brands Inc. to file for bankruptcy sending 19,000 workers out to the street. The company will liquidate most of its brands to whoever is willing to buy them.

News article -> Hostess Files For Bankruptcy

Will we see Twinkies again? Who knows? In the meantime do stock up because what's in stores is the last of it for a long time, maybe forever.