I see games as a way of building a community with friends but also with strangers. The goal is to get people to unplug from their devices, reconnect with other and unite over a board game and food or drink. That’s why our motto is “Unplug. Reconnect. Unite.”
As an avid board game player but also game blogger https://geeksuniteboardgamecafe.com/blog/. I run board game events at restaurants, churches, libraries, and community centers. I have been to a number of board games meetup and gaming conventions in my life time. For many years, I would run game day events out of my home once a month. I call myself a game master, that role is to recommend, break down the game rules, teach them and even facilitate events. Part of my reason for being a game master is how fulfilling it is when I teach someone a game and the lights go on when they realize how exciting it is. The best compliment someone can give me after I teach a game is “Can I play it again?”
Don’t get wrong, I do enjoy the well- known mass market games like Yahtzee or Monopoly but I found my passion in designer game like Settlers of Catan or role-playing games like Dungeon & Dragons. When someone I meet is interested to learn about these types games, I will start with simpler strategy games or what is often termed gateway games. A few gateway designer games are Sushi Go, Dominion, and Ticket to Ride.
My passion is games; I love to talk about them, teach them and play them.
This is a group for anyone interested in anyone interested in card games or board games. All skill levels are welcome. I started this group to meet other gamers or people interested in learning about them. Looking forward to exploring games with everybody.
I'm looking for people interested in mass marketing games, designer games, war-gaming, and role playing games.
Many of the games you'll find are:
• Traditional Games: Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Parcheesi
• Party games like: Codenames, Spyfall, Camel Up, and Dixit.
• Euro style games like: Five Tribes, Orleans, Istanbul, Viticulture, and Lords of Waterdeep.
• Abstract games like: Qwirkle, Blokus, Photosynthesis and Hive.
• Card games like: Blink, Uno, Phase 10, Dominion, Splendor and Munchkin
• Dice games like: Qwarriors, Dragon Dice, Zombie Dice and Yahtzee
• Cooperative games like: Pandemic, Forbidden Island, Arkham Horror and Shadows Over Camelot.
• Family games like: Sorry, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, Sushi Go, Ticket to Ride, and Machi Koro.
Attendance at this event is free.
I'll be bringing a lot of my board games so you really don't need to bring your own unless you want to. All skill levels and ages are welcome!
i'm looking forward to introducing the hobby to new players, and enjoying continued good times with our regulars.
Please r.s.v.p. early so we have an idea how many people or coming and what type of games to bring along. You can always cancel your r.s.v.p. if you have a change of plans.