addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Spanglish Toronto Meetup Message Board › What does the name of this song mean?

What does the name of this song mean?

David W.
user 14433370
Scarborough, ON
Post #: 10
Have any of you heard the song "Tacata" by Tacabro? Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.co...­

I've tried to look up what tacata means and I can't find anything definite. One person thinks it's a play on the word toccata, but another person says it means walk.

Does anyone know what is means in this song? Is it a word that doesn't really mean anything but has been used just for the sake of the song, which I know is something many artists do. Or do it mean anything?
A former member
Post #: 10
Hola!

Ta-ca-tá is a common expression when people talk about the sound of a drum, or some other sounds with rhythm or repetition. It would be the equivalent to saying something like boom-boom-boom or something like that. There are many songs where this is mentioned. For example in salsa songs it may refer to the congas or the timbales.
Hope this helps!

Carlos
David W.
user 14433370
Scarborough, ON
Post #: 20
It does; gracias Carlos!
A former member
Post #: 1
In Spain, tacatá means baby-walker.