Kirtan is the practice of singing mantras with uplifting songs. Often sung in Sanskrit, the words carry a vibrational energy, that can take us into a meditative and/or positive feeling state.
This Kirtan follows the call and response format, where the lead singer chants a verse and the audience repeats it, (singing is optional, some choose to just sit back and listen to the music).
There will be 5 - 6 different musicians singing on the night and perhaps even some surprise guest singers.
Join us for a fun and enjoyable evening, there will be soy or dairy milk chai tea on offer and a vegan meal as well.
Doors open at 6:30pm, chai and dinner will be served from this time onwards, the Kirtan starts at 7.15pm and finishes at around 9pm. You can also arrive after it begins, or leave early if you need to.
Getting to Alma Road Community House:
• Trams - No.: 5 & 64 (Stop 37 - Dandenong Rd), walk down Lansdowne Rd, then turn left onto Alma Rd (7 min walk).
• Train - Closest station is Windsor (Sandringham line), walk to Dandenong Rd and catch one of the trams above.
• Bus - No. 220 travels down Orrong Rd and stops at Alma Rd (3 min walk).
• Car - Street parking available (check signs).
If you have any questions feel free to use the Meetup website or App to message me, you can also leave a comment below.
Please RSVP "Yes" if you plan on attending, if you are unable to make it for any reason, do change your RSVP to "No".
Feel free to bring along a cushion to sit on the ground (some will be provided), chairs are also available.
This event is offered by donation, whatever you feel called to give (e.g. $5, $10, $15 or $20), will help cover the costs of booking the venue, insurance, food and chai. Any left over money is donated to the education of children in Jhapa (a remote village in Nepal).
* Please note that Meetup RSVP's don't accurately reflect the number of people attending, often between 15 to 25 more people may show up on the day.
~ Organised and hosted by Govinda & Briony.