This full day ride promises to be a relaxing and scenic ride south to scenic San Juan Batista for lunch at JJ's Burgers. After lunch, we offer an optional bonus ride up to Fremont Peak. Those who don't want to do the bonus ride will head home early. Bring a camera because if the weather is clear, the views should be beautiful.
Optional bonus ride to Fremont Peak:
9:30 am - KSU, depart from Spirit Motorcycles
Noon - Arrive at JJ's Burgers for Lunch in San Juan Batista
1 pm - Group departs for Fremont Peak bonus ride, others are free sightsee or return home
hwy 87 South to hwy 101 South to Bailey Rd West to McKean Rd South
[Ride around the reservoirs to Watsonville Rd]
[Regroup at the stop sign at Watsonville & Uvas before heading down Watsonville Rd]
Hecker Pass Rd East (left) to
Santa Teresa Blvd South (right) to
Castro Valley Rd (left) to
Hwy 101 (right) to
[Regroup at the stop sign before entering hwy 101]
Crazy Horse Canyon Rd (left) back over the freeway to
San Juan Grade (left) to
Salinas Rd (bear left) to The Alameda
Cross hwy 156 (JJ’s Burgers is on the right in San Juan Bautista)
[Park out front, back parking lot is torn up]
To return home - hwy 156 West to hwy 101 North
• The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
• We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
• When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
• There is safety in numbers.
• The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
• The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
• Rain will cancel the ride.