This should be a very enjoyable ride to Stanislaus County at the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. Some of you old timers might recognize the scenery because this was where they shot the television series Bonanza and Little House on the Prairie. It is also home to the Knights Ferry Bridge, the longest covered bridge west of the Mississippi at 330 feet (100 m) in length. We may even stop at the General Store here, which is the oldest operating general store in California (built in 1852).
Be prepared for multiple climates, dress in layers.
Rest stops are not listed below, but we plan to stop about every 90 minutes for quick breaks.
9:00 am - Kick stands up (Spirit Motorcycles)
12:15 pm - Lunch at River's Edge in Knights Ferry (209)[masked]:30 pm - Depart for San Jose
280 to[masked] to E Calaveras Blvd
E Calaveras Blvd to Calaveras Rd
Calaveras Rd to[masked] to 84
84 to Vallecitos Rd
Vallecitos Rd to Conncannon Blvd
Conncannon Rd to Tesla
Tesla turns into Corral Hollow Rd
Corral Hollow to Grant Line Rd
Grant Line to[masked] to 5
5 to[masked] to 99
99 to[masked] to Orange Blossom Rd
Orange Blossom Turns into East Sonora Rd
Lunch at Knights Ferry “Rivers Edge”
120 to La Grange Rd
La Grange to 59
59 to W 16th
W16th to 99
99 to[masked] to[masked] to Gilroy
• The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
• We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
• When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
• There is safety in numbers.
• The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
• The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
• Rain will cancel the ride.