This Meetup was canceled.
Sadly, we must cancel this ride due to rain. We went from too dry (fires/smoke) to too wet. This wasn’t in the cards for us this year so we’ll reschedule for next year. See you all there!
Hope you can join us for our last monthly group ride of 2018 as we ascend to the top of Mount Diablo. The views here are spectacular and we should have a clear day to take it all in. The drive will be lovely, scenic with sweeping turns, a touch of twisty-ness, but not technical. We'll have lunch in Pleasanton and if time permits, we may visit Arlen Ness in Dublin.
Be prepared for multiple climates, dress in layers. Bring a snack and water. Rest stops are not listed below, but we plan to stop about every 90 minutes for quick breaks.
9:00 am - Kick stands up (Spirit Motorcycles)
12:15 pm - Lunch TBD
1:30 pm - Depart for San Jose
280 to[masked] to E. Calaveras Blvd.
E. Calaveras Blvd. To Calaveras Rd.
Calaveras Rd to[masked] to Diablo Rd
Diablo Rd to Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd
Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd to South Gate Rd
South Gate Rd to Summit Rd
Note there is a toll to get into the Park
Summit Rd to N Gate
N Gate to Oak Grove
Oak Grove to Walnut to Ygnacio Valley Rd
Ygnacio Valley Rd to Clayton Rd
Clayton Rd to Marsh Creek Rd
Marsh Creek Rd to Morgan Territory Rd
Morgan Territory Rd to Manning Rd
Manning Rd to Highland Rd
Highland Rd to Camino Tassajara
Camino Tassajara to Santa Rita Rd
Santa Rita Rd to Sunol Blvd
Sunol Blvd to[masked] to Home where ever that might be!
• The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
• We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
• When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
• There is safety in numbers.
• The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
• The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
• Rain will cancel the ride.