We are in for some crazy awesome weather this weekend, unseasonably warm for January, so let's take advantage! We'll head up to Mt. Diablo where the views of the bay are spectacular. The drive should be scenic with sweeping turns with just a touch of twisty-ness, but not too technical. We'll have lunch in Pleasanton.
Bring a snack and water. Rest stops are not listed below, but we plan to stop about every 90 minutes for quick breaks.
9:00 am - Kick stands up (Spirit Motorcycles)
12:15 pm - Lunch TBD
1:30 pm - Depart for San Jose
280 to[masked] to E. Calaveras Blvd.
E. Calaveras Blvd. To Calaveras Rd.
Calaveras Rd to[masked] to Diablo Rd
Diablo Rd to Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd
Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd to South Gate Rd
South Gate Rd to Summit Rd
Note there is a toll to get into the Park
Summit Rd to N Gate
N Gate to Oak Grove
Oak Grove to Walnut to Ygnacio Valley Rd
Ygnacio Valley Rd to Clayton Rd
Clayton Rd to Marsh Creek Rd
Marsh Creek Rd to Morgan Territory Rd
Morgan Territory Rd to Manning Rd
Manning Rd to Highland Rd
Highland Rd to Camino Tassajara
Camino Tassajara to Santa Rita Rd
Santa Rita Rd to Sunol Blvd
Sunol Blvd to[masked] to Home where ever that might be!
• The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
• We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
• When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
• There is safety in numbers.
• The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
• The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
• Rain will cancel the ride.