What we're about
This group is aligned with and devoted to the teachings of David R Hawkins, MD, PhD. The intent for the group is to serve as a vehicle of Divine will, an opportunity to keep holy company, and support our advancement of consciousness in service of God and humanity.
Adopted from AA, Alanon, and the Oxford Groups, these traditions are tried and true basics. The Institute for Spiritual Research suggests following these traditions in the formation and continued support of a study group:
1. Our common welfare should come first.
2. For our group purpose, there is but one ultimate authority — a loving God as he may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
3. The only requirement for membership is a desire to advance spiritual awareness and enlightenment.
4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups.
5. Each group has but one primary purpose — to carry its message to human beings and support spiritual evolution.
6. A group ought never endorse, finance or lend their name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary aim.
7. Every group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
8. The groups should remain forever nonprofessional.
9. The groups have no opinion on outside issues; hence the name ought never be drawn into public controversy. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio and films.
10. Anonymity assists the spiritual evolution and respect for privacy of other members, and places principles before personalities.