This summer, we're hosting "Spiritual Camping" at the Hudson Valley Park of Study and Reflection from Friday, July 10 – Sunday July 19th.
Spiritual Camping is being organized to give you a lot of flexibility because it extends over a 10-day period. Stay for a night or for several days, whatever fits your schedule.
Who is this meetup for?
– If you are looking for a spiritual getaway;
– if you enjoy being part of a friendly community atmosphere spending quality time with like-minded people;
– if you feel renewed and inspired by nature;
– if you wish to begin or deepen your spiritual path and spend time learning and reflecting;
– if you are flexible, spontaneous and willing to experience something new;
then this meetup could be for you...
Activities: Each day we will have meditation sessions in the morning and the evening. Additionally, you can choose to participate in a variety of interesting workshops/discussions which will take place on different days around the theme of spirituality and personal growth –– such as meaning of life, developing our internal energy, reconciliation, sexuality and the sacred, Consciousness and Desire, The Principles of Valid Action. Practices and studies are based on Silo's Message which places importance on direct and personal experience. (More info on Pages and About Us (http://www.meetup.com/Spirituality-Nature-Meetup-Day-trips-out-of-NYC/about/))
**************Download Program here************* (http://www.meetup.com/Spirituality-Nature-Meetup-Day-trips-out-of-NYC/pages/Program_for_Spiritual_Camping/)
Above all there will be time to meditate, reflect and have discussions with others who are on a spiritual journey or seeking to begin. We will also be offering some special workshops all connected to personal transformation, such as soapmaking/perfumery and firecraft, etc.
Plenty of outdoor activities are also available in the region including hiking, walking trails and swimming, as well as exploring the Hudson Valley whose scenic beauty is well-known.
Accommodations: The Hudson Valley Park has a retreat center with a main room, fully equipped kitchen, library, meditation room and 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is a large meadow for the camping.
Sleep under the stars: Bring your tent and gear and set up in the beautiful meadow at the Hudson Valley Park. Showers and hot water are available in the house. A portable bathroom will be in the meadow.
Sleep inside the retreat center: For those who prefer to sleep under a roof, the center has accommodation for 10-12 people.
Food: We love eating well and healthy. Breakfast and lunch will be buffet style and dinner will be a shared common meal. Be prepared to pitch in and help cook/serve/clean.
Cost: $40 donation per day with three meals (vegetarian dishes will be available) and overnight sleeping. (transportation is separate, see below)
Day trip only: $25 donation includes lunch and dinner.
Step 1: RSVP this meetup event and pay for your first night of $40.00. Once we have confirmation of your payment you'll be moved to the confirmed RSVP status.
Step 2: Fill out this online survey which will specify your dates, interests and dietary preferences https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2P53M52
After you RSVP, one of our organizers will get in touch with you to send you more details such as recommended clothing, special needs, etc.
If you have any questions, please write to us!
The Hudson Valley Park is 90 miles north of NYC.
- For carpooling: If you are looking to carpool, people are encouraged to organize among themselves via the comments on this meetup page. Or if you plan to drive, let people know from where and how many passengers. Gas and tolls are shared (suggested $20 round trip to the driver).
- For driving directions from NYC: click here (http://www.meetup.com/Spirituality-Nature-Meetup-Day-trips-out-of-NYC/pages/Driving_instructions_to_Hudson_Valley_Park/)
- Public Transportation: Adirondack Trailways has frequent buses going to Kingston from the Port Authority in Manhattan. For info click here. (http://trailwaysny.com/index.php/bus-between-kingston-nyc/) Arrangements can be made to pick you up at the Kingston Bus Station or you can take a taxi, It's about 4 miles to the Hudson Valley Park. Please get in contact with us.
Other important details
--Arrival and departure times are recommended to be from noon to 2pm. Both new arrivals and those departing will have the option of having lunch.
--Bring your own linen (twin-size sheets, pillowcase and towel).
--Hudson Valley Park is a alcohol free and drug free environment
--If you have any questions, please contact the organizers and we'll be happy to get back to you!
--This is a multi-group meetup event
About the Hudson Valley Park of Study and Reflection
The Park is a gorgeous 5-acre site with a retreat center, an open meadow, winding paths in the forest, stream and waterfall, a sacred fountain, workshop building and more.
The Park is near the Hudson River, and the neighboring towns of New Paltz and Kingston, about 2 hours north of NYC. It has a 501(c)(3) status and is registered with NY State as a nonprofit with no paid staff that runs solely on contributions from its supporters and users. Since it opened in June 2010, it has been the venue of seminars on reconciliation, retreats of meditation and reflection, social gatherings, non-violence trainings and other activities.
The Park is the perfect natural setting for reconnecting with ourselves, meeting like-minded people and finding the kind of profound inspiration that nurtures the spirit and our best aspirations. It is part of a network of Parks of Study and Reflection that have been created in different countries inspired by the teachings of Silo. Currently there are over 50 Parks of Study and Reflection around the world and more are being developed.