Monument George-Etienne Cartier, Montreal, QC
TO CROSS THE FINISH LINE WITH A SMILE
Come out to join us if you are training for a long distance race such as a half-marathon, a marathon, or an ultra-marathon. These long and easy runs aim at training ourselves to build endurance, to run gracefully, and to stay injury-free.
@ MAXIMUM AEROBIC FUNCTION (MFA) TRAINING @
• Train our body to burn fat as fuel
• An hour of fast running uses around 800 calories. An ultramarathoner with 5% of body fat might have 110,000 fat calories stored.
• Success stories: https://philmaffetone.com/success/
• A postcast interview on MAF: http://tinyurl.com/ze4aeay
@ WE RUN FOR -- 2 HOURS 30 MINUTES @
• Everyone run at their own comfortable pace
• We go out for 1 hour 15 minutes then turn around
• Head back on the same route
• We will all finish the run at the same time.
• Map for the run: http://tinyurl.com/zxsy5sn
• Total Duration: 2 HOURS 30 MINUTES
@ Stretching -- Warm Up -- Cool Down @
To obtain the best result out of each run, we will do dynamic stretching and a warm up jog before the run. Each run will also end with a cool down jog and static stretching.
@ POST-RUN BRUNCH @
We will go for brunch at l'Oeufrier, 4903 Ave. Du Parc, [masked]
@ AS A COURTESY... @
RSVP 'Yes' if you plan to come out. If your plans change and you cannot attend the meetup event after having RSVP'd Yes, then please change your RSVP to 'No' before 9 AM Saturday when the run starts. If you don't cancel before 9AM Saturday, you will be counted as a no-show!