Let's discover yet another Quebec hike close to home and avoid the long queues at the border and hike close to home: In the Laurentides region, this 17 km loop is one of the Laurentian's hidden secrets. Our route begins near Sainte-Emelie-de-l'Energie and is part of the Parc régional des Sept-Chutes: https://www.parcsregionaux.org/parcs-regionaux/parcs/parc-regional-des-sept-chutes/
It is a +/- 17 kilometer lightly trafficked multi-loop trail with +/- 900 m of elevation gain.
Part of our hike looks like this: https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/canada/quebec/seven-waterfalls-loop
Ascent: Total elevation gain is around 900 m, making this a moderate to difficult hike. If you have not recently hiked more than 16 km, this hike is not for you.
Below is the route from Montreal to the trailhead where we will park the cars and start the hike. Drivers, please print the directions after clicking on the link. There may be no cell service at the trailhead, so a printed copy of the directions is necessary. The drive will take about 1.5 hours.
The GPS coordinates of the trailhead are:[masked], [masked]
Route to trailhead: https://goo.gl/maps/U9wfzNvtaLKBhRQz6
There is parking at the trailhead.
Please print this trail map: https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/canada/quebec/sentier-national-sentier-de-la-matawinie
After the hike we will go for pizza and beer in St-Côme part way back to Montreal.
1. You are responsible for:
• Your backpack containing 3 liters of water, a tasty lunch, snacks and energy bars. Please do not underestimate your need for water.
• Extra dry clothing due to the possibility of changing weather.
• Sunscreen, bug spray, first aid kit and maybe sunglasses and a hat.
We will be leaving Sak's Sandwicherie (right next to the Saint-Michel metro station) at 8:10am which will give us plenty of time to complete all our activities before 6pm.
2. Drivers: please let me know in the response to the question, "Can you drive?"... "I am driving and have room for X no. of people". I will announce who the drivers are on Thursday afternoon. When your car is full of riders, simply comment accordingly.
3. Passengers requesting a ride must email drivers directly to secure a spot. Please do it through direct email (click on the driver's name and you will see his/her profile details page; under his/her name you will find 'send email', send the driver your message directly). Please avoid asking for rides in the comments to avoid comments congestion. People without any driving arrangement on Saturday at 10am will be removed from the Going list without notice.
4. Ride sharing: Meet at Sak's Sandwicherie across from the Saint-Michel metro stop by 8am. There is plenty of free parking all around, We will leave no later than 8:10am. Please do not be late or you may be hiking on Mount-Royal alone. Drivers, please email your cell No. to your riders and to me.
5. Cost sharing: $15/rider as a contribution to drivers. We always try to have three riders per car (plus the driver) but sometimes there may only be two, or sometimes four; the contribution remains the same, $15/rider.
6. Waiting list: I will manage the waiting list manually.
7. If you are on the Going list and your plans change and you cannot join us, then you MUST change your RSVP to No before 8pm Friday. This will give somebody on the Waitlist enough time to arrange to join the group.
8. When you RSVP you will be asked two questions. Please answer them both. If you do not see the questions, send me your answers in a PM: When was your last hike and how long was it? Can you drive and take riders?