addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

St Albans WordPress Meetup Message Board › News about the future of this meetup

News about the future of this meetup

Angel
user 197960398
London, GB
Hi Everyone,

This is Ángel. I have some news about the future of the group. The people that came last week to the meetup already know, for the rest, here they are.

I am not going to organise more meetup events for the St.Albans WordPress Meetup.

After 21 months, it has been a difficult decision to make and I want to thank you all for being there, helping me and create such a fantastic group.

The reasons to stop organising have nothing to do with the people involved or the meetups, they are personal reasons due to the recent events that had happen during the past months around the WordPress world.

To keep this email short, I have written a little more about the reasons on my personal blog, you can read them here:

https://angelfplaza.c...­

What now?

This meetup group is not mine, is an official WordPress meetup, so it will stay until someone wants to takeover and start organising new events. If anyone want to do that, please contact me and I will help you.

I enjoyed a lot our monthly meeting and what we have been building together, so my intention is to keep organising monthly events, but without the "WordPress" brand.

I have no idea yet on how I am going to do it, but I suppose I will find out soon.

I also cannot keep using this list, so if you are interested on keeping in contact or joining the new group, please visit this link and leave your email.

http://share.angelfplaza.com/b575adc48f11­

I will only use that list to notify you about the new events and updates and I will remove the link from here after a couple of months.

Thank you very much again for everything.

Best regards

Ángel