Hello Ladies! This event is a way for those who are wanting a transition in their living situations and are desiring like-minded Christian females to live with either as a tenant, or as the one offering the space to rent to get to know each other in a totally casual, non-pressuring way. Some ladies who do not have homes or apartments right now may even meet and decide to go looking together for a new space. You never know! This meetup will allow you the opportunity to find out more about what is on the heart of other women as far as age perameters, personal habits, cost, location, and all other fun stuff like that. I created a questionnarire that there is a link to below that I do expect to be completed/considered prior to the meeting to be fair to everyone else so as not to waste people's time with unpreparedness, as you will only get 5 minutes or less to give your summary, and for everyone's benefit you want it to contain as much information as possible.
If you want our 1500 or so members to be able to see your answers to this questionnaire, create an post on the forum linked below. If you cannot print this out, number a paper 1-26 and record your answers for the meeting. I will not be emailing everyone the answers this year, you can all create your own posts and use the forum instead. I will facilitiate the meeting by timing each person so everyone will get a chance to hear what each of the others is looking for. I am keeping the meeting brief to make it easier to fit into your busy lives, but feel free to stay and chat if you want to. All ages are welcome. Oh, and if you know of opportunities for housing that you would like to share with the group, please post in the "Women's Housing Forum" I created last year in the "Discussions" tab at the top navigation bar of this meetup group. Note: You must log in to the "desktop" computer site to access this information. It does not work from the app.
With all of us networking together, we can help each other get into safe and uplifting living situations! Even if you are 'good' right now, and are considering other options, you are welcome to come and join the conversation. Here is a copy of the questionnaire in case the links don't work for you:
Roommate Questionnaire---Use as a guide or copy it verbatim if you like!!
Directions: Select text, copy into a new post and fill it out to advertise your needs/wants for housing.
*1.Time frame looking to move/have someone move in to your offered space?
2. Leases/Contracts in now end when with your space/your current renter?
3.Optional (to protect your privacy)---Where do you live now and why don’t you like it/Who was there last and why did they leave?
4. How long have you been in St. Louis?
5. How long have you been in SALSA? How did you find the group?
6. When did you get saved? What denomination are you? Catholic, Non-denominational, Lutheran, Pentecostal, etc. What Christian faith do you prefer the other is?
*7. Location(s) desired/offered
*8. Price Range Desired? with and without utilities? Give a top figure including utilities you are looking to spend/charge. Do you need/desire a fixed utilities included rent price to pay/offer?
*9.Type of Housing desired/offered: House share? 2-3 bedroom Apartment? Condo? Other?
10. Own bathroom needed/offered? Share ok or not?
*11. Do you have Pets/kids? Are you allergic to certain pets? Can they have pets/kids? Specify
12. What range of age are you looking to share housing with/rent to? Does this matter to you?
13. What are your non-negotiables? No smokers, No pets, no overnight guests, no alcohol?
14. Your Hobbies/Interests?
15. Your Temperament: Loud/quiet, introvert/extrovert, gone a lot/home a lot? What temperament do you desire in a roommate/housemate?
16. What are your work Hours/typical Schedule you keep? What would you like theirs to be?
17. What is your typical bedtime? Waking time? What would you like theirs to be?
18. What do you do at home? What would you like them to do/not do?
19. Do you want to have guests? How many/how often/what areas? Christian parties only or secular gatherings ok too? What kind of social life in the home do you prefer the other have?
20. Do you need meal sharing? Or just for fun sometimes? Do you need/offer kitchen access? How much of the fridge do you need/offer?
21. Do you have medical needs the other needs to be aware of/help with? Is it ok if they do?
22. Storage Space needed/available & How much? Do you have a lot of stuff? What type of stuff? (Art supplies, motor equipment, motorcycles, clothes, knick nacks, books?
23. Do you have furniture or do you need the other to provide?
24. Is there anything else not covered here you would like someone else to know about your needs and desires or something about you? Anything else you want to know about them?
25. What is your preferred Contact Method? Phone, email, meetup message, messenger, etc
What would you prefer theirs to be?
26. What temperature do you need the home/space to be kept at on the thermostat? Give a numeric range. Members have messaged me and let me know they had roommate breakups over this issue. So be honest, and really think about what you can and cannot tolerate or how much you can afford in utilities to be clear with the other person.