175 Atlantic Street, Stamford, CT
The presentation will provide an overview of U.S. Patent and Trade Secret law. We will discuss the different types of patents and the requirements that must be satisfied to obtain a patent. We also discuss what constitutes a trade secret, how to maintain a trade secret, and the interplay between patents and trade secrets.
Sean MacDavitt is a patent attorney with the law firm McCarter & English. He assists entrepreneurs and start-ups in building and maintaining IP portfolios and guides them through intellectual property issues that arise with the commercialization of products. In addition to his law degree, Sean has a degree in electrical engineering and worked as an engineer in the semiconductor industry. He draws on his engineering experience in product development and commercialization to provide valued and pragmatic legal counsel to his clients, which span a broad range of industries and technologies.
Same time, same place, same networking, nosh, and drinks.
Who we are:
· A diverse community of consultants, programmers, entrepreneurs, executives, designers, and professionals who gather together on Tuesday nights for food, drink, and networking.
What we do:
· We present our ideas, strategies, best practices, and skills for the benefit of all.
What we offer:
· A chance to present your ideas and skills to a targeted group of fellow professionals.
· Networking opportunities which help to expand your business, increase your visibility, and provide you with connections to businesses you may want to know in the future.
· A forum for troubleshooting and best practices advice from people in all stages of business and career paths.
Host a roundtable:
If you have a topic that you'd like to share at Innovation Roundtable, you can find out more information about signing up on our website.
Tweet comments and ideas @StamfordiCenter, #InnovationRT
If the doors are locked call Alex: [masked]
Community Manager at Stamford Innovation Center
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.