What we're about
This is a group for anyone interested in starting an intentionally inclusive non-denominational congregation in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia. All are welcome!
The communities of Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Maple Ridge, etc. have a few churches which are welcoming and affirming - but almost all are part of "high church," formal, liturgical traditions. It is great that these groups have taken the lead. At the same time, many people across the area have backgrounds in less formal faith groups -- such as Baptist, Mennonite or similar traditions. If that is you, this group may be a particularly good "fit."
So if you are looking for a faith community that is . . .
- Intentionally and fully inclusive of LGBT+ person and their allies
- Simple and non-hierarchical in its organization
- Committed to consensus-based decision-making
- Safe and sensitive to the need for every voice to be heard and valued
- Serious about speaking, singing and praying using words that are gender-neutral
- Caring about the environment, justice and reconciliation
- Dedicated to sustain itself without paid professional leadership
. . . And passionate about following the peaceful way of Jesus in every aspect of life
Come join the dialogue!