What we're about
Come meet and learn how to raise money for your startup.
We will go over:
• How to find investors (angels, VC, etc). This has been the #1 question I've been asked for years.
• The number one reason people don't ever get funding (over 23 angels agreed this was the reason)
• The top two mistakes founders make when raising money
• The absolute most important sentence of your business taught to me by chairman of my board, CEO of a $3B+ public company that changed my thinking forever.
• How to structure your pitch
• Cap and Company Structure
• How to understand the funding narratives and zeitgeist so you get the funding you need
• How to build a business that gets acquired and the top mistake founders make that will prevent their company from ever being sold.
I will also have an active investor to offer some different thoughts and perspective.
I've raised $18mm+ for a couple of my own startups and for other founders and I gave a talk a couple of months ago at another meet up. I have an expertise in building networks in the health and wellness space as well as developing D 2 C models so if that's your goal, I can help answer questions.
And if you don't have an idea yet, you'll learn so much and know if this is right for you. Plus, you might meet a cofounder. Learn why this is SUCH a good idea.
My favorite response after the last startup funding 101 meet up: "I wanted to thank you personally for your brutally honest, fun and inspiring talk last night. Your information was invaluable to help me plan my future course of action. I love that sentence. That was a winning take away, and certainly the most important part of the overall scheme of things to have firmly entrenched in the back of your mind."
The intent is to meet once a month in downtown Boulder.
Come join and meet others too. Startups can be lonely and it's great to have others around.