Startup Victoria's Pitch Night

This is a past event

433 people went

Location image of event venue

Details

Hey All,

August's Lean Startup Melbourne Meetup will shake things up a bit. After a successful event at NAB in July (check out the pictures (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.346107298880647.1073741830.188646847960027&type=1) and video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP3eskASd4g)), we are hosting a Pitch Night in August.

To make things not too unfamiliar we will have drinks and food, plus Melbourne's best networking for startup founders, developers, business folk and anyone passionate about entrepreneurship.

Check out the info below:

Do you want to see which Melbourne startup is the next to make it big?

Startup Victoria has you sorted!

On Startup Victoria's Pitch Night five startups battle to obtain some amazing prizes that will help them turn their idea into a success. The following startups will get the opportunity to pitch their startups to the audience and five judges:

• ParentPaperwork (http://www.parentpaperwork.com/);

• StageLabel (http://www.stagelabel.com/);

• Creo Ludio (http://creolud.io/);

• YourGrocer (http://www.yourgrocer.com.au/);

• Arts 'n Smarts (http://www.artsnsmarts.com/);

They will battle it out Inspire9 on the 26th of August. The winner of the night will receive all it needs to truly kick start their startup:

• A sit down with partners of Square Peg Capital (http://www.squarepegcap.com/);

• Three months mentoring by two judges of choice;

• Three months office space for up to three team members at Queens Collective (http://www.queenscollective.com.au/)!

Format

Prior to the event all of the participants will have their pitching skills honed in our pitch training sessions.

Every startup gets six minutes to deliver their pitch. After those six minutes there are four minutes allocated for questions from the judges. Every startup gets a question from two of the judges.

The judges score the pitches based on criteria determined by what Square Peg Capital and the judges look for in a startup to potentially invest in/mentor. They do this with the help of a scoring sheet and their scores will determine 75% of the final score. The remaining 25% of the final score will be determined by an audience vote, so we need you to help us select the best pitch of the night!

Schedule

• 6.30 - Arrival

• 7.00 - A word from our sponsors

• 7.05 - ParentPaperwork Pitch & Q&A

• 7.15 - StageLabel Pitch & Q&A

• 7.30 - Creo Ludio Pitch & Q&A

• 7.45 - YourGrocer Pitch & Q&A

• 8.00 - Arts 'n Smarts Pitch & Q&A

• 8.15 - Lightning Talk

• 8.20 - Announcing Winner

• Drinks & Finger Food

SPONSORS

Once again, this event wouldn't be possible without our sponsors:

BANK OF MELBOURNE

Bank of Melbourne is supporting small business by giving three businesses the opportunity to bring their plans to life with a $10,000 grant. To apply visit http://www.bankofmelbourne.com.au/grant .

BLUECHILLI

Bluechilli are a fantastic company who have just started making investments in Melbourne. A combination of a VC, Digital Agency, Incubator and Accelerator, they are keen to partner with sales and marketing focused startup founders on their technology builds.

So if you have a great idea but no tech founder, hit em up! You can check them out online: Bluechilli (http://www.bluechilli.com/)

THE X GENE

The X Gene is a video agency, making commercials, web videos and experimental content for rebels, disruptors and early adopters. We think innovation in marketing is important, so we attend every innovative startup night we can...why not film them, too!?

Check out www.thexgene.com (http://www.thexgene.com/)

Cheers,

Startup Victoria (http://startupvictoria.com.au)