Velasco Astete, Cusco
This will be an amazing pilgrimage of discovery through the most powerful places on Earth - the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca and the legendary Inca doorway of Aramu Muru. See archeological wonders and experience ceremony along the way. Itinerary, tour guide, and all transportation provided by Kontiki Tours Peru.
This 14 day, 13 night magical journey into the mystical, sacred lands of Peru is $2,565 (Double Occupancy price per person); Single Supplement add $560. A deposit of $600 is required to reserve your spot.
Airfare is not included and Departure on August 26th from PIT is needed for morning arrival on Aug 27 in Cuzco (CUZ) to meet Kontiki tour bus. Recommend route for arrival in Peru is Pittsburgh (PIT) to a USA departure city (Miami, Houston, Atlanta, Dallas etc) to Lima, Peru and then transfer to Cusco, Peru. Afternoon Departure on Sept 9th will be from Juliaca, Peru (Lake Titicaca area) to Lima, to USA with arrival in Pittsburgh on Sept. 10th. Estimated airfare cost ($1600).
• Day 1, 2, 3, 4 (4 overnights in Urumbama/Sacred Valley) Welcome Dinner, with visits to Urco, Pisac (Great Market), Moray, Chincero (Magnificient Weavers), Quillarumiyoc & the Hummingbird Temple. (Breakfast every morning)
• Day 5, 6 (2 overnights in Aquas Calientes -base of Machu Picchu) with visits to Ollantaytambo, train to Machu Picchu, 1st visit to Machu Picchu, Sunrise Ceremony at Machu Picchu, walk to Mandor Water Falls. (Small tote/duffle/or backpack for 2 nights which you are responsible for carrying, large bag will be put in storage). (Breakfast every morning)
• Day 7, 8 (2 Overnights in Cusco) - Train back to Ollantaytambo, bus to Tipon, then Cusco, Temple of the Heart, Kusilluchayoc, Illapata, Sacsayhuaman, Qenko Tambomachay,. (Breakfast every morning).
• Day 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (4 Overnights Chucuito, 1 overnight in adobe house on one of the islands) - Private bus to Puno, visit Cave of Tinajani en route; Travel by boat on Lake Titicaca to Uros Floating Islands, Amantani, visit Temple of Pachatata (Sun) or Pachamama (Mother Earth); Return to Chucuito; visit Pre-Inka town of Siani with beautiful views of Lake Titicaca; Visit Aymara Altars of Copmaya, Amaru Muru and Molloco. (Breakfast every morning, lunch and dinner on overnight island, Farewell Dinner). (Small overnight bag for 1 night on island).
• Day 14 (Sept 9th) visit Sillustani enroute to the airport in Julicaca. Fly to Lima, then home to Pittsburgh.
• Accommodations at 3 and 5 star hotels and one night in the adobe home of one of the islanders on Lake Titicaca.
• 17 Meals: 13 breakfast, 1 lunch, 3 dinner.
• Airport transfers for whole group on Arrival and Departure days.
• Private transportation by bus and Inka Rail to Machu Picchu.
• 2 - day entrance fee to Machu Picchu and respective buses up and down.
• Entrance fees to other archeological sites.
• Private bus from Cusco to Chucuito (Lake Titicaca area).
• Regular private boat to the Islands on Lake Titicaca.
• Q'ero Elder (Shaman) Don Francisco Chura Flores for the Sacred Valley/Cusco.
• Spiritual Guide Jorge Luis Delgado for the entire trip (discoverer of the Amaru Doorway; author of Andean Awakening: An Inca Guide to Mystical Peru)
• Additional meals; all airfare; Travel Insurance; tips for guides, driver, bell boys, waiters.
• For further information contact your Meetup Organizer Jacquie Spirnak.