Please join the South Hills SCU group on June 24th at 12:30pm to set up and at 1 pm to play at the Millvale Park Bike Trail. Bring a chair and a music stand.
We'll have copies of the music for our playlist available then, but please practice the songs on your own as well. Better yet, join us on June 19th at Riley's Pour House for a causal jam and eating and drinking session. The fun at Riley's starts at 7pm and goes until 9pm. Copies of the playlist music will be available for you to borrow.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Patty Williams at [masked] or 412/[masked].
All the songs for the playlist can be found here:
Below is the playlist order with performance notes and links to individual songs and performance notes. Book references are included when the song is in the same key.
Note that the Intros and Outros are written on the playing sheets.
1. Country Roads (First song to sing as it's a good warmup song. Hum first two lines as an intro)
2. Bad Moon Rising
3. Beer Barrel Polka (Key of G, same as in Blue Book p. 36)
4. Blowin' In the Wind (Key of C)
5. Bye Bye Love (Yellow Book p. 41)
6. City of New Orleans
7. Dock of the Bay (Key of G)
8. Don't Worry, Be Happy (Key of C, same as Yellow Book p. 70)
9. Gilligan's Island (Key of G)
10. Happy Together (Yellow Book p. 98, but see performance notes on electronic version )
11. Here Comes the Sun (Key of G)
12. Hound Dog (Key of C)
13. House of the Rising Sun
14. I'm a Believer (Yellow Book p. 123)
15. Imagine (this is slightly different than the version in the yellow book)
16. In The Summertime
17. King of the Road (Key of G, Yellow Book p. 143 - but note ending on electronic version)
18. Lion Sleeps Tonight
19. Margaritaville (Intro Riff played by Carrie)
20. Moon River
21. Mr. Bojangles (Key of G)
22. Mr. Tambourine Man (Key of G)
23. Piano Man (Key of C) - this is different than prior handouts
24. Pretty Woman (Key of A)
25. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World
26. Summertime (Key of C)
27. Sweet Caroline (Key of C)
28. There's a Kind of Hush (Key of G - similar, but not quite the same as Yellow Book p 231)
29. Under the Boardwalk (Key of C - see Yellow Book p245 for music, but use performance notes including instrumental on electronic file)
30. Unicorn Song
31. Up On The Roof Page 1 (Key of D - see Yellow Book pages[masked]), see Wabash Cannon Ball (next song) for electronic version of Page 2
32. Wabash Cannon Ball (Key of D) - Please bring train whistle and bell!
33. When You're Smiling
34. With A Little Help From My Friends
35. You Are My Sunshine (Key of C - see Yellow Book p. 279)
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me at [masked]. My phone is 412/[masked]