What could be better than starting a weekend with your like-minded atheist friends?
Repeating the second Saturday of each month, SAAF members can meet up at Panera Bread in Trinity Parkway (by I-5 and Eight Mile).
Order some coffee, a pastry, or have an early lunch. Or just come for the chat. Either way, you'll have a great time and meet some new people at this casual event.
This is an entirely informal event. Show up when you can, leave when you want. Everyone pays their own way. See you there!
For our Lodi socialites, join us the first Friday of each month as we enjoy dinner and ice cream in Downtown Lodi.
Each evening is a combination of:
• a dinner starting at the lovely Dancing Fox restaurant (great for vegetarians, vegans, and beer and wine lovers), followed by
• a stroll through Downtown Lodi's several art galleries, on our way to
• the Double Dip Art Gallery, featuring Gunther's Ice Cream and an always-changing gallery of wonderful art
This event is in conjunction with the Lodi Arts Commission's monthly First Friday Art Hop.
This is a casual, easy-going event that is great for our new and returning members.
Come join us!
It is that time of year again, time for Colleen's Halloween party.
The Cemetery will be up, food provided, and hopefully a good time will be had by all.
if you would like to bring anything- drinks are always a good choice: water, wine sodas... A veggie dish is always welcome!
This year I will be serving Italian, and there will be vegetarian choices, as always.
This is a semi-private event. That means you need to have been to a previous meet up and met either myself or David Diskin to attend!
The address will be sent in advance.
Also please remember this is NOT an atheist specific event. I do have some “believer” friends who attend, so lets show how tolerent we are in our unbelief!
Game Night (Stockton), is hosted by Sarah at Andy's home in Stockton (near March and I-5) on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
Don't worry about formalities. Just show up when you can and leave when you've had enough fun.
We typically play games like Geek Battle, Linkee, That's What She Said, Cards Against Humanity, and Midnight Taboo. Got your own game? Bring it!
It's also a bit of a potluck, so feel free to bring some drinks, snacks, or desserts to share with others. Hint: Most of us are vegetarian.
For their safety, please keep the little ones at home.
private residence address will be sent via e-mail · Stockton
Come celebrate Friday with us at Red Robin's restaurant and bar, near Sherwood Mall in Stockton. We'll have reservations for 6:30 PM based on the RSVPs we see here.
This is an informal, social event great for newcomers and long-time members. Bring a friend and strike up a conversation about anything on your mind.
Don't drink? That's okay. Red Robin has a wide selection of appetizers and entrees, even for the vegans and vegetarians in our group.
PLEASE: If you won’t be coming, please cancel no later than the morning of this meetup. We need to give the restaurant an accurate headcount. (It's not fair to Red Robin for us to request a table for 20 and only have 12 arrive. And it makes us look bad.)
The 17th annual California Freethought Day celebrates the First Amendment, scientific progress, and secular rights, combining the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us on Sunday, October 14, 2018, for engaging speakers, live entertainment, an authors' and podcasters' panel, door prizes, and more!
🎟 Tickets and Registration
Admission is free, but we want you to register to ensure there are chairs and programs for everyone.
To be eligible for $300 in door prizes you *must* register!
Donate $25 or more for a free "Supporter" keepsake button and you'll get access to free drinks and snacks during the main event.
Donate $75 or more and join us at the Supporters' Reception on Saturday, October 13 with most of our speakers and other guests. ($85 at the door.)
🎤 Speakers, Entertainers, Authors, and More
We are thrilled to share with you the many people who will be speaking, entertaining, and participating at our Authors' and Podcasters' Panel at this year's Freethought Day (and the Supporters' Reception the night before):
• Eugenie Scott, author, professor, activist
• Kavin "Science Mom" Senapathy, science and health writer, author
• Seráh Blain, Humanist lobbyist, mother, and grassroots activist
• Evan Clark, facilitator and entrepreneur
• Abby Hafer, author, scientist, educator
• Steve Hill, comedian and activist
• Representative Jerry McNerney (CA-9)
• Greydon Square, hip hop emcee and producer
• Victor Harris, poet
• Sean O'Brien, actor, director, and teacher
• Marie Bain, jazz singer and songwriter
• Elbe Spurling, Author, The Brick Bible
• Ryan Bell, author and podcaster
• Rebecca Hensler, Author and founder of Grief Beyond Belief
• Judy Saint, local activist and organizer
• and more to come!
❤ Support the Event
California Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit event, supported by our community. Your donation helps us cover insurance, advertising, equipment, speaker travel, and food for our volunteers.
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success:
• Donate: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $25. You'll get free drinks and snacks during the main event.
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Saturday, October 13th featuring live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, an open bar, and the company of our speakers starting at $75. Also includes drinks and snacks at Freethought Day.
• Sponsor: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $150. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
• Are you a Secular Leader? Join us for Secular Leadership Day! Activists and organizers from the area will love this day of workshops, networking, and the sharing of ideas, to make their groups more successful. It's Saturday (October 13) from 10-4, lunch included!
🔗 More Information and Social Media:
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @FreethoughtDay.