addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

StoryCode New York City Message Board › Storyworld Canvas + Experience Design + Healthcare Reform @ DIY Days NYC

Storyworld Canvas + Experience Design + Healthcare Reform @ DIY Days NYC

Noah P.
nopivnick
New York, NY
Post #: 1
I'll be participating in the open design track at DIY Days NYC 2012 with a cross-platform project called Flow meant to address specific issues plaguing hospital-based healthcare in NYC. The session is slated for 1:30pm-4:45pm in Room 510 at DIY Days NYC, March 3rd. I'd be honored if you stopped by.

I plan to make the complexities of hospital-based healthcare delivery systems accessible through a combination of game play, shared experience, shared stories, and systems visualization. Attendees can expect a broad range of participatory options throughout the session, including a patient transport simulation that is immersive, experiential and mobile (sort of a micro-ARG) that will be used as the basis for future presentations.

Lastly, we'll be breaking the project down in groups using paper prototypes of Storyworld Canvas, a web app for designing Transmedia|Distribution business models launching this spring. Individuals and small teams of two are welcome to signup for early access to free accounts. All proceeds from Storyworld Canvas premium will be used to fund the active development of Flow, culminating in a pilot program testing the project in a NYC hospital serving the inner-city.

Regards,

Noah