addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

StoryForward Los Angeles Message Board › New No-Show Policy

New No-Show Policy

Scott W.
scott_walker
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 42
Beginning February 1, 2012, TLA is starting a new policy regarding RSVPs. Due to a consistent problem over the past year with recurring "no-shows" - people RSVPing to meetups but not showing up and/or not changing their RSVP status 24 hours before to the meetup - we're implementing a no-show policy.

This isn't intended as a penalty or punishment. Rather, it's a policy meant to foster courtesy amongst members.

Any member who RSVP's for (2) meetups in a row (i.e., consecutive) but does not attend them will not be permitted to RSVP for the next (2) meetups.

We will verify attendance by printing out the RSVP list the day of the event, though no earlier than noon of that day, and checking it against members who attend the meetup. Members who have RSVPd MUST check in at the meetup (sign in and pick up your name tag), or they will be marked as a no-show for that meetup.

Q: How can I avoid getting marked as a no-show?

A: First, if you can't make the meetup, change your RSVP status immediately. Second, be sure to check in as soon as you get to the meetup and pick up your name tag!

Q: So, if I change my RSVP status to "Not Attending" before noon the day of the meetup, I'm okay, right?

A: Correct - you will not be marked as a no-show.

Q: What qualifies as a meetup? Monthly or Ad Hoc events?

A: For the purposes of this policy, a meetup is defined as any event posted at the TLA Meetup site AND hosted/organized by TLA. The no-show policy does not apply to meetups which are approved by the TLA but hosted/organized by a third party (a TLA member, a company, etc.).

Q: But something came up at the last minute at work/home! I had no control over it!

A: Yep, we understand. It happens to all of us. That's why you get (1) free "no-show" pass.

If you have any more questions about this, please contact Scott Walker (just use Meetup's built-in messaging system if you need to)!