From high end fine dinning to hole in the wall bodegas, great food can be found just about anywhere. This groups is for serious foodies with discerning palates, a willingness to try different things, and most importantly, share. Weather you prefer new and novel or rustic and provincial, the key to what we do differently is that we will attempt to explore the best of the best that Philadelphia and its surrounding suburbs has to offer but in smaller more intimate groups.
If you are looking for casual happy hours or game night where you "meet" 30 or so people in a night without really getting a chance to talk to them, this is not the group for you. However, if you have a passion for food and drink and conversation as I do then this is the last foodie group you will ever need to join as we will keep our main dinner events to 6-12 people max.
Rules and bylaws
1. 3 RSVP and no shows in one calendar year and you will be removed from the group. No exceptions. Canceling an RSVP 24 hours prior to any event counts as a no show.
2. We have a 0 tolerance policy for harassment of any kind, online or in person. Any member who violates this policy will be immediately removed from the group not no permitted to rejoin.
3. We settle every bill with one check. Attendees are required to Venmo their portion of the bill to me directly after dinner has concluded. Cash is less preferred, but if you must use it please bring your own change. All checks will be settled after conclusion of each individual event unless otherwise mentioned in the event details.
4. For some dinners where Prix Fixe is offered, payment in advance maybe required. Though rare, refunds for Prix Fixe is not 100% guaranteed as some restaurants require payment in advance for larger parties. These types of dinners will be clearly described in the event details.
5. Please be on time for all dinner reservations.
Please note that when paying for our group events, you will see on your credit card statement the payee "Casual Gamers Welcome" or "WPY Casual Gamers Welcome" or some variation of that. This is 100% OK. I use to run a board game meetup and that was the name that I couldn't change. Please do not initiate a charge back if you see this payee. If you are not sure, you can contact me. A charge back costs me personally $15/occurrence, and creates lots of back tracking. I appreciate everyone's understanding. If you have any question please contact me directly at 281-786-6937.
Waiver of Liability
By joining this group, guests are agreeing to release all liability for any injury or body harm that occur directly or indirectly as a result of attending any event either sponsored by Strictly Foodies, or advertises through Strictly Foodies, any of it's affiliated sites.