What we're about
Let's empower a local community of like-minded individuals who care about Indianapolis and want to see it flourish as a livable, sustainable and desirable city for all people who live or are just visiting Indianapolis.
We strongly believe in and closely follow the Strong Towns (http://www.strongtowns.org) mission which is stated as:
"WE ADVOCATE FOR A MODEL OF DEVELOPMENT THAT ALLOWS AMERICA'S CITIES, TOWNS AND NEIGHBORHOODS TO GROW FINANCIALLY STRONG AND RESILIENT."
Some basic reading to get you started on the philosophy behind this group:
• The Growth Ponzi Scheme (http://www.strongtowns.org/the-growth-ponzi-scheme/)
• The Growth Ponzi Scheme Part 2 (http://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2011/6/14/the-growth-ponzi-scheme-part-2.html)
• The Growth Ponzi Scheme Part 3 (http://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2011/6/15/the-growth-ponzi-scheme-part-3.html)
• The Growth Ponzi Scheme Part 4 (http://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2011/6/16/the-growth-ponzi-scheme-part-4.html)
• The Growth Ponzi Scheme Part 5 (http://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2011/6/16/the-growth-ponzi-scheme-part-5-finale.html)
• Understanding Growth Part 1 (http://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2016/3/20/dbuidkmm60m63enun84oqs07mktdwq)
We hope to be able to learn about and apply many of the Strong Towns principles and philosophies to making Indianapolis one of the best cities on Earth.
You may find us on Twitter at @StrongIndy and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/strongindy/ (https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Fstrongindy%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNG19xb4uLLszujU6Q6pv0rzJp7ROw)