Do you want to have fun, make new friends, enjoy a leisurely lunch or dinner at one of our many local eateries, or attend exciting Charleston area events? If you are a woman aged 55+ in the Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, or North Charleston area, then this is the group for you! We meet each Thursday at 12:30 at different restaurants to enjoy friendship and culinary delights. Meet Ups are also periodically planned for cultural events and festivals in the Lowcountry and beyond. We are a small, close knit group dedicated to forming lasting friendships in a supportive, inclusive, and uplifting setting.
PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT:
1. Because this is a small group there may be a waitlist to join. Apply only if you are genuinely interested in being an active member, and I will work hard to find you a spot. If you join but are not participating you may be removed without notice to allow someone on the waitlist a turn to join in the fun.
2. We are a group of ladies aged 55+ dedicated to friendship and supporting one another through life’s twists and turns. This is NOT a group to network in for business agendas. Do not join if your goal is to sell us something or you want us to use your business services.
3. The only fee associated with this group is a nominal $5.00 per year membership due.
4. Do not be discouraged if events show a waitlist—if you want to attend, SIGN UP ANYWAY! Everyone makes it off the waitlist 99.99% of the time. When I see a waitlist I work with our venues whenever possible to create additional openings.
5. Do not RSVP to an event if you are not reliable!! I cannot stress this enough. When you RSVP for an event consider it a serious commitment (even if you are on the waitlist—because you will get into the event 99.99% of the time). The RSVP list and waitlist are only for members who are fully committed to attending. It is rude to RSVP only to ‘hold a spot’ for yourself to ‘keep your options open’ in case you decide at a later time that you may possibly want to attend. If a member is repeatedly dropping off the RSVP list they will be removed from the group without notice. I work very hard to forge good relationships with venues willing to accept larger groups. This has become increasingly difficult due to COVID/staffing issues. Restaurants specially staff to accommodate our group, and they lose money (and confidence in our group) when our numbers plummet ahead of an event. It is also highly inconsiderate to group members who wish to have the spot, but need and deserve adequate notice so they can attend. The majority of members are highly reliable and do not need to be reminded of any of this. These guidelines are detailed for those that do need reminding. I’m not trying to sound mean, but this is a serious issue for me and all Meet Up organizers.
I look forward to welcoming you to the ‘Ladies Who Lunch’ family!