addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Suncoast iOS Message Board › Finch OpenAL

Finch OpenAL

Rab B.
user 4474740
Odessa, FL
Post #: 2
Howdy. The OpenAL player I mentioned last night was called Finch, and it is here:

https://github.com/zo...­

It is really simple and basic, which is in fact why I liked it, so don't expect miracles. But it works with very little fuss. I made some modifications for my purposes, mostly to make an entire sound play without stopping and limit concurrently playing sounds (like, can you tell the difference between 5 explosions in one second vs 11? I can't, so why play 11?)... simple stuff too, but I'm happy to share it if anyone is interested.

Great meeting last night, and some really great apps!

Also, Blaster finally "made it" onto the app store server. Turns out I accidentally set the release date for February (doh!). You can see it here: http://itunes.apple.c...­
Partha P.
user 12613838
Riverview, FL
Post #: 3
If there were a Like button for this post, I would have clicked it. Though I do not currently use audio in my current app, this is an excellent resource for one of my future ideas. Thanks for posting this info.
Rab B.
user 4474740
Odessa, FL
Post #: 3
Glad to have helped, Partha!