What we're about
Sunday Assembly is a network of secular congregations that meet locally to hear great talks, sing songs, and celebrate life. The DC chapter has been around since 2014, but lapsed for a while. We are now working up to relaunching and are holding social events every other Sunday to rebuild our community.
Here is the Sunday Assembly charter: The Sunday Assembly . . .
1) Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
2) Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
3) Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
4) Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs—this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
5) Is free to attend, not-for-profit, and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
6) Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
7) Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations, or services.
8) Is here to stay. With your involvement, the Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
9) We won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
10) And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have.
For more see http://www.SundayAssembly.com or visit the DC chapter's Facebook page -